Reload this Page >

Very delayed notifications of post likes/quotes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2024, 2:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz

Is anyone else experiencing this?

The notifications for post likes and quotes are sometimes showing up 1-2 weeks after my post was actually liked or quoted. I can sometimes see the like or quote inline while skimming a thread, and not get the notification for some time after.

I generally log out of FT after I'm done using it, then log back in when I re-visit the site. Even with that, these notifications usually don't show up the next time I log in.

Edited to add: I'll try to remember to check this thread for replies, as I probably won't otherwise see anything for another week or 2
Old Jan 23, 2024, 3:22 pm
Community Director Emerita

A few months ago, I changed my email to a yahoo one that I've used for many years. Over the next few weeks, my notifications dwindled until I received none. I had to revert to a gmail email and now regularly get notifications. However, I only see likes on logging in; I don't get email notifications on them. I'm not sure we're meant to get email on likes. I use My FlyerTalk and I see all of my likes in the upper right hand corner under SanDiego1K.
kale73 and TWA884 like this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 7:06 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I use My FlyerTalk and I see all of my likes in the upper right hand corner under SanDiego1K.
In the mobile version, it's at the bottom.

IBJoel likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have been receiving delayed notifications for months.
aztimm likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 8:40 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
@aztimm did you receive this one on time?
Old Jan 26, 2024, 2:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TomMM
I have been receiving delayed notifications for months.
So it isn't just me then. Sometimes they show up when I next log in, sometimes not for 2-3 weeks!
Old Jan 26, 2024, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IBJoel
@aztimm did you receive this one on time?
I actually did get one on this post, and for the first time ever, I also received an email.

Are the emails supposed to happen all the time, or only when an Admin replies? It was kind of surprising.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aztimm
I actually did get one on this post, and for the first time ever, I also received an email.

Are the emails supposed to happen all the time, or only when an Admin replies? It was kind of surprising.
I also received it in a timely manner yet notifications for other threads are inconsistently delayed. Can't figure out what triggers them.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I have a similar issue whereby I almost never receive notifications of new threads in the premium fare deals sub-forum. Additionally, from time to time, I also don't get alerts when a new post has been made in a thread I'm following. Both issues have persisted for several months.

I would like to test if it's related to my ISP by creating a second username with the same subscriptions, but that of course is against the rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.