Straight to Spam

Old Nov 1, 2023, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
Straight to Spam

I am sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I have had for at least the last week the rather odd situation of not getting notifications for various threads and the odd PM and then suddenly have them turning up for an hour before they vanish again. Turns out Gmail has been sending the majority of them to the spam folder because they say the delivery system is not verified and could be fraud... Tried the work around of adding the email delivery as a contact but thats not worked either so I'm having to check it every hour or so to avoid missing messages and so on

Thought I should alert the good people here to see if anything can be done
Old Nov 2, 2023, 11:47 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
You may simply be getting too many notifications. I've noticed that Gmail will start marking stuff as spam if you get a lot of it, especially if you don't frequently open.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 5:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Clestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Hi, I have exactly this issue with messages going to my @iCloud.com email address, since there was a change to the sender from [email protected] to [email protected], which occurred around a month ago.

Nothing I can do will make the messages go into my inbox, I have marked the email address as VIP, set it up as a contact - nothing works.

I strongly believe this is something to do with a DMARC policy change with various mailbox providers, is there anything you can do with this IBJoel
IBJoel likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Clestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Further guidance, for Icloud at least, here https://support.apple.com/en-us/102322
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've noticed the same thing with notifications sent to my Gmail and which started last week. For me it only affects 1 of my subscribed threads but not all of the time.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 5:39 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Hi, I have exactly this issue with messages going to my @iCloud.com email address, since there was a change to the sender from [email protected] to [email protected], which occurred around a month ago.

Nothing I can do will make the messages go into my inbox, I have marked the email address as VIP, set it up as a contact - nothing works.

I strongly believe this is something to do with a DMARC policy change with various mailbox providers, is there anything you can do with this IBJoel
I changed it back, so that may fix it
Old Nov 4, 2023, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by IBJoel
I changed it back, so that may fix it
It did - immediately! At least for me, not sure about others? Thank you.
IBJoel likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.