Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Meta: Where to post (2 kinds of) bank talk?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2023, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

I have two types of bank-related content and wondering whether it's okay to post and where.
  • The first is a question about a bank that offers various types of cash back, wondering what people's experience with them has been like.
  • The second is a referral-type post. I would like to post one of those generic "message me for a referral" type messages but this one is not for a credit card, it's for a bank signup bonus.
Are these acceptable topics?
Old Jun 20, 2023, 8:24 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
RE: Bank Offers. If these are from an institution which already has a separate credit card forum (American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi) please post in the corresponding forum. If from another bank which has some discussion about travel-related cards, please post in Credit Card Programs. If these offers are from banks which are not in the travel card business, we can still try in Credit Card Programs, but may not gain much traction.

RE: Referrals. In general, referral offers are not permitted in Flyertalk posts unless a forum has created a specific thread to host them. Bank referrals could perhaps be hosted in the S.P.A.M. forum, and you should spend some time there to see how it works and ask the moderator via PM for guidance. It's probable that the thread would be setup as a Conga where each poster is able to make one referral.
TyrannicalDuncery likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.