Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uploading PDFs?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2023, 6:17 pm
ffI
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Uploading PDFs?

Is there any way to upload PDF documents to the posts?
I am obviously a tech klutz as I only now discovered how to upload photos to flyertalk after being here >10 yrs
Even then I forget now and then how I did it.
Gives a real appreciation for the trip reports forum writers who can hold the story together with the pictures.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 9:19 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Should be the same method as uploading photos
Old Feb 18, 2024, 10:17 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Is this actually still possible?

Despite the full editor still having the "Manage Attachments'' button, and above the button it says

Valid file extensions: doc docx gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png ppt pptx xls xlsx
yet my attempts to upload a PDF failed; the paper clip icon in the toolbar, the picture icon, and the Manage Attachments button all produce the same upload dialog, and upon selecting a PDF file and clicking Upload, a new error dialog pops up saying "This AI image has the incorrect file extension."

In mobile skin the picture editor does not have a paper clip icon, but the image upload icon has a similar result, "Your file (name) oculd not be uploaded. It is not an accepted file type."
Old Feb 20, 2024, 5:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There is a limit on the size of a pdf... if you go over 1.6 Mb it gives you this weird error message.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 7:03 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by oliver2002
There is a limit on the size of a pdf... if you go over 1.6 Mb it gives you this weird error message.
Good to know, but the one I was trying to upload is 423kb
Old Feb 20, 2024, 8:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Just uploaded a 2.3 MB pdf to this post, so that can't be it either.
Attached Images
Old Feb 20, 2024, 8:53 am

The one I was trying was the Hyatt points combining form linked in post 144 (or if you get a blank page, my workaround link in 148:

Combining Points (rules, transfer time, etc.) - MERGED THREADS
Old Feb 20, 2024, 9:13 am

Getting an error too:

So my guess is that it has something to do with the pdf itself.
Zorak and IBJoel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.