Wiki Posts
Search

Mobile Format on Desktop?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Mobile Format on Desktop?

Seems that site is rendering in mobile format on desktop today, which results in content spread all across the screen and way too much whitespace. Any way to switch back to desktop mode?
Old May 12, 2022, 4:20 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by MS02113
Seems that site is rendering in mobile format on desktop today, which results in content spread all across the screen and way too much whitespace. Any way to switch back to desktop mode?
Click on the 3 lines in the top left corner. Then click "View Full site" from the options there
Old May 12, 2022, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Click on the 3 lines in the top left corner. Then click "View Full site" from the options there
I am also having this problem but on my iPad. It just started yesterday. When I click on the 3 lines, I don’t see an option to “View full site”.

This is what I’m seeing. Can you be more specific?

Old May 13, 2022, 7:43 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
FWIW I have noticed from time to time that when I am (deliberately, on my smartphone browser) using mobile view, that the 3-lines aka "hamburger" menu, looks different and in particular is lacking the "view full site" option. This seems to happen for no rhyme or reason, with no change in behavior pattern or settings etc. on my side, and also seems transient, going back to the way it normally looks (again with no changes other than the passage of time).

Previously reported at: "View Full Site" no longer works (momentary - resolved)

but since it's rare and intermittent, I realize it's difficult to troubleshoot...

As for the original issue, I see margarita girl already found it, but for an alternative to the 3-lines menu, refer to post #3 here: Switched to mobile view and can't switch back to desktop view
Old May 16, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
This is happening to me today. How long might it take to get back to normal?
Old May 16, 2022, 5:11 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Zorak
FWIW I have noticed from time to time that when I am (deliberately, on my smartphone browser) using mobile view, that the 3-lines aka "hamburger" menu, looks different and in particular is lacking the "view full site" option. This seems to happen for no rhyme or reason, with no change in behavior pattern or settings etc. on my side, and also seems transient, going back to the way it normally looks (again with no changes other than the passage of time).

Previously reported at: "View Full Site" no longer works (momentary - resolved)

but since it's rare and intermittent, I realize it's difficult to troubleshoot...

As for the original issue, I see margarita girl already found it, but for an alternative to the 3-lines menu, refer to post #3 here: Switched to mobile view and can't switch back to desktop view
5 months after I made a tech ticket and our team couldn't/wouldn't figure it out...
Old Jun 5, 2022, 6:00 pm

This was happening to me in Edge - tried firefox and the problem did not happen so I assumed it was cookie related. Signed out of flyertalk and the "full" site was back. Signed back in and things are ok (for the time being at least).
IBJoel likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MS02113
That seems to be happening to me. A random change, so FT is not usable!
Clicked on the 3 bars, but no text for "full view" site
Using Firefox. Was OK 2hrs ago. Random change
Never use a phone to access FT

Edit
Got it fixed after clicking a link in post 4 above.
But no idea why it changed

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jun 11, 2022 at 1:26 am
Old Jun 11, 2022, 3:51 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
But no idea why it changed
At least one of the times this has happened to me, it was after clicking on a FT link in Google Search results, so I guess Google had crawled the mobile version of whatever thread it was and when I clicked on the link the setting "stuck". However I feel like I have had it happen in other ways, so this may not be the only mechanism by which it occurs.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:55 am

Happening to me last couple days. Can't figure out a solution even after reading a few links here and elsewhere.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cris
Happening to me last couple days. Can't figure out a solution even after reading a few links here and elsewhere.
Try as post 3 here-->Switched to mobile view and can't switch back to desktop view
Not 100% sure, but think that's what I did to fix. Did try many fixes.
Cris likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Try as post 3 here-->Switched to mobile view and can't switch back to desktop view
Not 100% sure, but think that's what I did to fix. Did try many fixes.
Clicking that link did fix it for me, thanks: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...ons&styleid=24
Mwenenzi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.