Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Copy from another (eg airline) web site to FT post using snipping tool - 1 step?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copy from another (eg airline) web site to FT post using snipping tool - 1 step?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2021, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

On the AC forum, I started a thread - re: the promotion regarding AC signature class fares.

Here is the link to the promotion

https://www.aircanada.com/en-ca/prem...nerdotcom|caen

I was try to get a screen shot using the snipping tool (of part of the screen in the promotion above) - and then copy it as a post on the AC thread

Nothing happened.

Can one use the snipping tool to get a screen shot copied in 1 step to FT.

PS-I had to get my wife to use her cell phone - take a photo - email to my email address, and then upload the file to my computer - and then download it to the thread ; which was several steps. I thought the snipping tool was a process where only one step can be used to copy/screen shot directly to a FT post.
Old May 24, 2021, 9:12 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
On the AC forum, I started a thread - re: the promotion regarding AC signature class fares.

Here is the link to the promotion

https://www.aircanada.com/en-ca/premium-cabins-offer?icid=INT:INTRremium-cabins-offer:051221:052521:topbannerdotcom|caen

I was try to get a screen shot using the snipping tool (of part of the screen in the promotion above) - and then copy it as a post on the AC thread

Nothing happened.

Can one use the snipping tool to get a screen shot copied in 1 step to FT.

PS-I had to get my wife to use her cell phone - take a photo - email to my email address, and then upload the file to my computer - and then download it to the thread ; which was several steps. I thought the snipping tool was a process where only one step can be used to copy/screen shot directly to a FT post.
Take a snip/screenshot, save, and then upload to FT as a photo. Done.

The snip tool's "cut/copy" can be a little bumpy in terms of interacting with the text editor here. I regularly copy/paste press releases for our sales team on another site and sometimes every image in a PR is replaced by the first image.
JDiver and WindowSeatFlyer like this.
Old May 24, 2021, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
For those (few) people like me who do not use a cell (mobile) phone, what is the process?

To put it another way, how do I copy from a laptop or a PC directly to FT using the snipping tool?
Old May 24, 2021, 10:24 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
For those (few) people like me who do not use a cell (mobile) phone, what is the process?

To put it another way, how do I copy from a laptop or a PC directly to FT using the snipping tool?
Which operating system are you using? I use the Snip & Sketch app on my Windows 10 machine.
Mwenenzi likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 7:43 pm

Just as described - snip, save, upload.

To upload I select Manage Attachments, From Device, (select file name) then Upload. Not as direct as it could be, but it works.
IBJoel, JDiver, plunet and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.