Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do I unsubscribe from a thread?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2020, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

How do I unsubscribe from a thread?

@MoDs is there a way you can unsubscribe from a particular thread so that you never see it again? Asking for a friend ....
Old Dec 4, 2020, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
@MoDs is there a way you can unsubscribe from a particular thread so that you never see it again? Asking for a friend ....
Your friend could press the "Subscribed" button on top of the "Quick Reply" box.
Then he would be unsubscribed from the thread.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Your friend could press the "Subscribed" button on top of the "Quick Reply" box.
Then he would be unsubscribed from the thread.
Yes they've already done that but they still see the thread in the list of threads. They're pretty much over the way the topic has descended into repetition of opinion not fact and they don't care to ever set eyes on it again. I understand it might be difficult for them to exercise self discipline in this way and it's just adding to their frustration. Such as now when the thread goes to the top of the thread list for being the most recently commented on. I said I'd have a word and ask....

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Dec 4, 2020 at 8:32 pm
Old Dec 4, 2020, 9:11 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
On a desktop interface, go to the top right of the screen and click on your username, then go to "subscribed threads". From there you can manage which ( if any) threads you are subscribed to.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 3:45 am

Unsubscribing is the wrong word as that just removes the "tick" which means you've contributed. It still shows. As your "friend" has no willpower, maybe a 90 minute chat with QR carefully explaining your problem may help?
Old Dec 5, 2020, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by adrianlondon
Unsubscribing is the wrong word as that just removes the "tick" which means you've contributed. It still shows. As your "friend" has no willpower, maybe a 90 minute chat with QR carefully explaining your problem may help?
Tricky, that 90 minute chat might get the “friend” banned for life from QR
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 4:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As posted previously, in Desktop mode go upper right to your handle, click or press to bring up the menu, choose Subscriptions, check those threads you wish to unsubscribe from, go to the lower selection bar menu, select Delete Subscription.

IBJoel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.