Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sticky AdBlocker plea at the right-hand side

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:42 am
Original Poster

sticky AdBlocker plea at the right-hand side

I use a fairly severe content blocker. It's not so much an ad blocker as an everything blocker. I manually whitelist scripts and third-party resources that I want to load, the first time I visit a website. This is not about not wanting to see ads, but about wanting to protect myself from the invasive tracking and data collection that goes along with digital advertising.

I now see a red plea at the right-hand side to disable my ad blocker. I realise that advertising is an important source of income for a website like FlyerTalk. You say that you "work very hard to keep the site free" for me, but I wouldn't actually mind paying for it. I'd just like to pay for it with money, rather than by giving up data that I have little control over the use of.

If FlyerTalk would consider a subscription that would get rid of the nagging and make me feel OK about blocking ads/analytics/everything else, I'd sign up in a heartbeat.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:17 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Unfortunately, a FlyerTalk subscription is not feasible at this point in time
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A paid subscription was available before IB bought the site from Randy P.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:06 pm

I wouldn't mind the ads if they didn't take up 1+GB of RAM, bring my system to a crawl, and use countless amounts of bandwidth.
Mwenenzi, chollie, CO-PLAT and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.