Software (vBulletin) update issues: as of 23 Jan 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Software (vBulletin) update issues: as of 23 Jan 2020

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Exclamation Software (vBulletin) update issues: as of 23 Jan 2020

Originally Posted by IBJoel
OK, so support for the WYSIWYG editor was dropped with the update. If you switch to Full CKEditor in your options, you will have all the functions of the old WYSIWIG and more
Very disappointing to lose the old WYSIWYG editor. The new one doesn't allow me to format my posts in Navy as I always have.

I can still type colour tags but that's a pain, and they don't survive a preview. Edit: Colour tags work randomly.

and sometimes trying to format within a quote seems to break the quote up
(see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31989553-post38.html )
Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:04 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by JAXBA

Very disappointing to lose the old WYSIWYG editor. The new one doesn't allow me to format my posts in Navy as I always have.

I can still type colour tags but that's a pain, and they don't survive a preview. Edit: Colour tags work randomly.

(see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31989553-post38.html )
"Desaturated Blue" is close to navy and is in the editor. You don't have to type color tags. Just highlight and click. Or click beforehand and type the whole thing.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
"Desaturated Blue" is close to navy and is in the editor.
Desaturated Blue is closer to black, that there's very little difference, even if text is bold.
Desaturated Blue is closer to black, that there's very little difference, even if text is bold.

Grayish Blue [sic]
Desaturated Blue
Black

I've consistently posted in navy blue for twelve years, even when I had to type the tags.

Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:56 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by JAXBA

Grayish Blue [sic]
Desaturated Blue
Black

I've consistently posted in navy blue for twelve years, even when I had to type the tags.

color testing:

Strong Blue
Blue
Navy Blue
Midnight Blue
Dark Blue

OK, you should still be able to type Navy via Source. See the photo below for formatting/reference:
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Post 311 and following should be cut and pasted into a new thread "Software update issues: January 23, 2020"
And agree these changes are a backwards step. (after going 1 step forward, half step to the left, one step to right and 2 steps back)
Old Jan 25, 2020, 7:54 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The update is causing ill effects on posts that used indents, such that the indents are not following the previous and expected behaviour. Those posts I have checked have all their intend tags scrubed - there is no longer any evidence of the tags being there.

Can you raise a ticket please and advise if this matter can be restored, ideally without manual intervention from our members. Thanks
Mwenenzi and TWA884 like this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
Deleted, found it
Old Jan 26, 2020, 2:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

To follow up on post 6: I discovered two changes

As described yesterday, legacy posts and wiki posts have been purged of their intent tags. It is possible to manually reinsert these tags but the coding has changed such that for the indent to display a value needs to be added while editing in source mode, for example

Input:
[indent=30px]Indented line of text[/indent]

Displays as:
Indented line of text

Previously, indented text displayed inside a light grey filled box similar to the way quoted text displayed.

Quoted text
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:25 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
I started having
Code:
appended to either the beginning or end of all of my posts this week. I can usually delete it via editing the post, but it sometimes reappears a couple times before going away. Is this a glitch in the new update?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:59 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by ekozie
I started having
Code:
appended to either the beginning or end of all of my posts this week. I can usually delete it via editing the post, but it sometimes reappears a couple times before going away. Is this a glitch in the new update?
Can you link me to a post where this is currently happening?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 10:43 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Can you link me to a post where this is currently happening?
I've mostly edited them out, but here's one:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31997478-post68.html

edit: another https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32001169-post131.html. I think quotes may have something to do with it.6.5.0

Last edited by ekozie; Jan 27, 2020 at 2:30 pm
Old Jan 28, 2020, 4:46 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Prospero
To follow up on post 6: I discovered two changes

As described yesterday, legacy posts and wiki posts have been purged of their intent tags. It is possible to manually reinsert these tags but the coding has changed such that for the indent to display a value needs to be added while editing in source mode, for example

Input:
[indent=30px]Indented line of text[/indent]

Displays as:
Indented line of text

Previously, indented text displayed inside a light grey filled box similar to the way quoted text displayed.
We're looking into lost indents and line spacing.
Prospero likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.