Wiki Posts
Search

Upper case changing to lower case.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2020, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Upper case changing to lower case.

F1 J4 Y9 E9

When i typed similar in the linked thread, the upper case letters all changed to lower case. Is the forum doing something to what I type or is it at my end?

Running Firefox 71.0 on Win10 laptop.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31906163-post790.html
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:33 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by ft101
F1 J4 Y9 E9

When i typed similar in the linked thread, the upper case letters all changed to lower case. Is the forum doing something to what I type or is it at my end?

Running Firefox 71.0 on Win10 laptop.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31906163-post790.html
Iirc, there has to be at least one lower case letter in a post otherwise a post in all capitals reverts to all lower case. Don’t ask me why but I do remember it happening to me in the past
IBJoel likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:42 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by goalie
Iirc, there has to be at least one lower case letter in a post otherwise a post in all capitals reverts to all lower case. Don’t ask me why but I do remember it happening to me in the past
That would seem to make sense here - a post with all caps is usually considered "shouting", so their filter might be thinking it's a shouting post and changing it to lower case.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:40 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by goalie
This is correct. If you change one letter to lowercase, the rest will stay uppercase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.