Limiting emails from FlyerTalk?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2019, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I have noticed in the past few weeks that the volume of email from FlyerTalk has substantially increased.

Used to be a weekly Hot Topics mailing, now there are multiple emails each week, some with Hot Tooics, others just advertising.

is this user controllable? Not a fan of ads, so if not controllable I fear I would just unsubscribe from everything, which seems to be overkill.

Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2019, 11:33 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I have noticed in the past few weeks that the volume of email from FlyerTalk has substantially increased.

Used to be a weekly Hot Topics mailing, now there are multiple emails each week, some with Hot Tooics, others just advertising.

is this user controllable? Not a fan of ads, so if not controllable I fear I would just unsubscribe from everything, which seems to be overkill.

Thanks!
Hi there,

Could you please email me a few of those ad emails to [email protected]? I'm not currently aware of any emails like that being sent out by us or our sales team.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Hi there,

Could you please email me a few of those ad emails to [email protected]? I'm not currently aware of any emails like that being sent out by us or our sales team.
I came here because I just received one, also, ostensibly from FlyerTalk (email address [email protected]) pitching FoundersCard.

I'll forward it to you.
IBJoel and JDiver like this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:30 pm
Administrator

I'm working with our sales and product teams to find out how to best resolve this and make sure you can unsubscribe without effecting your other email updates.

Last edited by IBJoel; Nov 22, 2019 at 1:51 pm
Old Nov 23, 2019, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Thanks, Joel. 2 emails forwarded.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Seems to have worked, thanks!
JDiver and IBJoel like this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Ads seem to have restarted recently
Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:00 pm
Administrator

Ads seem to have restarted recently
Ads will be recurring. Did you unsubscribe from them?
Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I got an email today offering me a travel guide to Ancorage, Alaska. Confusing in that there was something to click to purchase but elsewhere it said that the thing is free. It looked like a legitimate email, but perhaps from some tourism office.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:12 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I got an email today offering me a travel guide to Ancorage, Alaska. Confusing in that there was something to click to purchase but elsewhere it said that the thing is free. It looked like a legitimate email, but perhaps from some tourism office.
I don't put together the emails, so I can't speak on it being free or not. But my suggestion would simply be to unsubscribe. It is a legitimate sponsored email from us. Some sites sell your info, this ensures that we do not. A sponsor gives us the copy/layout and we pass it along. When you unsubscribe, you can even check to make sure that you're not missing out on TalkMail, the Content Newsletter, etc.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

My concern is that by unsubscribing from the ads, I will also be unsubscribed from the newsletters. If I know that's not the case I will charge ahead and unsubscribe
IBJoel likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 8:55 am
Administrator

My concern is that by unsubscribing from the ads, I will also be unsubscribed from the newsletters. If I know that's not the case I will charge ahead and unsubscribe
When you click "Unsubscribe", it will take you to a page that says "You're unsubscribed, but go here to check your preferences" (or something similar). Go there and you can make sure you're still getting the newsletter.
JDiver likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 10:58 am
Original Poster

I don't get any options but to unsubscribe from TalkMail. It seems to be the only thing I am subscribed to.

Subscription Center

Welcome to your subscription center. Read the instructions below to unsubscribe or subscribe to other publications.

On This Page

Available Publications

Unsubscribe From All

Available Publications

To unsubscribe from any publication, just uncheck the box and click the update button below. To subscribe to new publications, just check the appropriate box and click the update button below.

TalkMail Subscription
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:26 am
Administrator

I don't get any options but to unsubscribe from TalkMail. It seems to be the only thing I am subscribed to.

Subscription Center

Welcome to your subscription center. Read the instructions below to unsubscribe or subscribe to other publications.

On This Page

Available Publications

Unsubscribe From All

Available Publications

To unsubscribe from any publication, just uncheck the box and click the update button below. To subscribe to new publications, just check the appropriate box and click the update button below.

TalkMail Subscription
OK, you should be all good. That's what I get as well. Sponsored emails use the same mailing list as TalkMail, the newsletter. My apologies as I used poor wording in my previous post. The Content Newsletter is unaffected by this.
Old May 20, 2020, 11:09 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Today I just got an advertising email from FlyerTalk for a home security company. Is it still the case that hitting "Unsubscribe" at the bottom of the email won't unsubscribe me from TalkMail?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.