Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Replying takes me back to the first page after posting

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2019, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Replying takes me back to the first page after posting

I'm not positive that this is the right place to post this but it seems like there's nothing better, so here goes.

I've noticed recently that when I reply to a post, the thread returns to the very first page (oldest post) after the reply is posted. It's happening in this thread posted below although I can't imagine it is thread specific. On the other hand, the thread does seem to have 191 pages.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ffers-191.html

Anyway, the screen after I post should be my reply (i.e., the most recently posted), not the oldest one from a few years ago.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Update -- I found the "Disable Infinite Scroll" option in another post in this forum and turned it off. Reloaded the page I got to after the reply mentioned above and now it's showing the top of the thread. I'm not sure if that is a bug or a feature but it certainly did not work the way I expected it to. Wasn't a fan of the feature anyway so I am happy to have it disabled.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:52 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by MisterBill
Update -- I found the "Disable Infinite Scroll" option in another post in this forum and turned it off. Reloaded the page I got to after the reply mentioned above and now it's showing the top of the thread. I'm not sure if that is a bug or a feature but it certainly did not work the way I expected it to. Wasn't a fan of the feature anyway so I am happy to have it disabled.
Try clearing your cache for FlyerTalk and see if that resolves it. Which browser/OS are you using?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Try clearing your cache for FlyerTalk and see if that resolves it. Which browser/OS are you using?
I'm using Chrome 77.0.3865.90 on Windows 7.

Don't want to post a dummy comment so I guess I'll have to wait until I am ready to reply to try that (unless there is a multi-page test thread to test in).
IBJoel likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by MisterBill
I'm not positive that this is the right place to post this but it seems like there's nothing better, so here goes.

I've noticed recently that when I reply to a post, the thread returns to the very first page (oldest post) after the reply is posted. It's happening in this thread posted below although I can't imagine it is thread specific. On the other hand, the thread does seem to have 191 pages.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ffers-191.html

Anyway, the screen after I post should be my reply (i.e., the most recently posted), not the oldest one from a few years ago.
This has been happening to me for the last few weeks, but intermittently and seems to be worse on longer threads. Chrome 77.0.3865.90 on LG laptop.
What typically happens is I'll post a new comment and it takes me to page 2 or 3 and then takes minutes (not seconds) to go the the top (newest) post. Sometimes it never get there and I have to reload the entire thread (I have set up to post newest thread first - basically this seems to be ignored when I post)
I don't think it's a cookie issue b/c it doesn't happen all the time, maybe 80%
Note: this post took me back correctly, but it's only a 5 post list - I suspect the issue is with really long thread (which is mostly where I post) but haven't checked this out systematically.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 12:03 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by estnet
This has been happening to me for the last few weeks, but intermittently and seems to be worse on longer threads. Chrome 77.0.3865.90 on LG laptop.
What typically happens is I'll post a new comment and it takes me to page 2 or 3 and then takes minutes (not seconds) to go the the top (newest) post. Sometimes it never get there and I have to reload the entire thread (I have set up to post newest thread first - basically this seems to be ignored when I post)
I don't think it's a cookie issue b/c it doesn't happen all the time, maybe 80%
Note: this post took me back correctly, but it's only a 5 post list - I suspect the issue is with really long thread (which is mostly where I post) but haven't checked this out systematically.
Do you have Infinite Scroll enabled?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 12:17 am

Do you have Infinite Scroll enabled?
What is infinite scroll? I haven't changed any settings but the behavior changed
Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:46 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by estnet
What is infinite scroll? I haven't changed any settings but the behavior changed
It's when posts continue in one long, continuous scroll. The alternative is that you have separate pages that you have to manually click on.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 10:40 pm

It's when posts continue in one long, continuous scroll. The alternative is that you have separate pages that you have to manually click on.
I think I've always had continuous scroll, the difference is when I posted it took me back to the post before mine but now it takes minutes to load rather than doing it so fast that it wasn't really noticeable. Really minutes, not seconds - something is much slower than it used to be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.