Incorrect Date of Last Visit

Old Sep 27, 19, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Incorrect Date of Last Visit

I noticed that all of a sudden, threads I already visited were bold, as if unread. This was happening regardless of whether I read the threads on my laptop or my phone. I then realized why: A few weeks ago, the "You last visited" section in the upper right corner counted both visits from PC and mobile. Now it seems to only count my last visit to Flyertalk on the device I am currently using, and by extension bolds threads as unread if I read them on a different device. Was there indeed an intentional change, and if so, why?
Old Sep 27, 19, 2:03 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast View Post
I noticed that all of a sudden, threads I already visited were bold, as if unread. This was happening regardless of whether I read the threads on my laptop or my phone. I then realized why: A few weeks ago, the "You last visited" section in the upper right corner counted both visits from PC and mobile. Now it seems to only count my last visit to Flyertalk on the device I am currently using, and by extension bolds threads as unread if I read them on a different device. Was there indeed an intentional change, and if so, why?
Which devices/browsers are you using? Are you logged in for all these instances? I'm not experiencing this.
Old Sep 27, 19, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

I am logged in for all these instances. I noticed that my phone used to automatically show me as logged into FlyerTalk, but sometimes it seems I have to open another menu to manually log in again. Could this be another change?

I use a Galaxy S8 and a Lenovo laptop, both running Chrome.
Old Sep 27, 19, 3:20 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast View Post
I am logged in for all these instances. I noticed that my phone used to automatically show me as logged into FlyerTalk, but sometimes it seems I have to open another menu to manually log in again. Could this be another change?

I use a Galaxy S8 and a Lenovo laptop, both running Chrome.
Hmm... That's odd. I'll try to do a little more testing. Do you use incognito mode?
Old Sep 27, 19, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

No, I don't use incognito mode for FlyerTalk.

Search this Thread