Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Flyertalk display problem on Chrome (Mac)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, QR*G

The top header is overshadowing the menus and the bell with the "1" indicating a message can not be clicked. This occurs on all pages (not just the compose one).
It's been this way for a long time for me, on several computers. It works on my phone.
See the screenshot
Attached Images  
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:16 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by nick5000
The top header is overshadowing the menus and the bell with the "1" indicating a message can not be clicked. This occurs on all pages (not just the compose one).
It's been this way for a long time for me, on several computers. It works on my phone.
See the screenshot
Hi Nick, a few questions: Do you have Infinite Scroll on (what happens if you turn it off)? Are you scrolled all the way to the top of the page in this screenshot? Have you cleared your Chrome cache on FlyerTalk? Does it happen on other desktop browsers, such as Safari? Sorry for all the questions, just want to get a baseline for what works/doesn't for fixing.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Hi Nick, a few questions: Do you have Infinite Scroll on (what happens if you turn it off)? Are you scrolled all the way to the top of the page in this screenshot? Have you cleared your Chrome cache on FlyerTalk? Does it happen on other desktop browsers, such as Safari? Sorry for all the questions, just want to get a baseline for what works/doesn't for fixing.
Sorry didn't see your message earlier.
Yes scrolled all the way up.
What is Infinite Scroll?
Doesn't happen on safari.
I tried in incognito mode in chrome, but I can't log in then, the login button does nothing.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:52 am
Administrator

Sorry didn't see your message earlier.
Yes scrolled all the way up.
What is Infinite Scroll?
Doesn't happen on safari.
I tried in incognito mode in chrome, but I can't log in then, the login button does nothing.
Try it now (also try clearing your cache for FT).
Old Jun 28, 2019, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Try it now (also try clearing your cache for FT).
Thanks that seems to have worked for the normal logged in Chrome window !
However still in Incognito window (not logged in) it looks like this, and the login button on top right doesn't work. Register button works.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 1, 2019, 9:56 am
Administrator

Thanks that seems to have worked for the normal logged in Chrome window !
However still in Incognito window (not logged in) it looks like this, and the login button on top right doesn't work. Register button works.
I'm almost certain that this is because you have Infinite Scroll on (which I disabled for you). Since it kicks in again when you're logged out, that is apparently happening again for you. Are you running any plug-ins/add-ons to Chrome that might block page elements or scripts? Are you accessing the site from outside of the US (I noticed a cookie/privacy policy notification on your Incognito screenshot)?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Hi, can you tell me where I can disable infinite scroll?
As it happens in incognito mode it's not caused by plugs (as those are disabled in incognito mode).
yes I'm outside the US.

Am I supposed to be able to click the bell image to see notifications for new posts? It does nothing. If I click "Your Notifications" then i get to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usercp.php where I can't see any notifications.
Thanks!
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:25 am
Administrator

Hi, can you tell me where I can disable infinite scroll?
As it happens in incognito mode it's not caused by plugs (as those are disabled in incognito mode).
yes I'm outside the US.

Am I supposed to be able to click the bell image to see notifications for new posts? It does nothing. If I click "Your Notifications" then i get to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usercp.php where I can't see any notifications.
Thanks!
I'll investigate this a little more and keep you informed.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'll investigate this a little more and keep you informed.
Would the incognito mode prevent any cookies and therefore selections that are tracked?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:26 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by JDiver
Would the incognito mode prevent any cookies and therefore selections that are tracked?
Almost certainly
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Hi, I made a discovery. I found that javascript was disabled for flyertalk in Chrome. This seems to follow my account so even this is a new computer/installation flyertalk was still listed under disabled. I don't know how that first happened, must have been a long time ago. Anyway, that seems to have caused it and it's back to working normally now.

Thanks for your help with getting me to think and check what chrome settings could cause this!
JDiver and IBJoel like this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:19 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Hi, I made a discovery. I found that javascript was disabled for flyertalk in Chrome. This seems to follow my account so even this is a new computer/installation flyertalk was still listed under disabled. I don't know how that first happened, must have been a long time ago. Anyway, that seems to have caused it and it's back to working normally now.

Thanks for your help with getting me to think and check what chrome settings could cause this!
Thank you for sharing the resolution.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.