Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Expert Review submissions create automatic email notifications despite settings!

Expert Review submissions create automatic email notifications despite settings!

Old Jan 9, 19, 1:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier Ambassador, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold

Iíve informed FT and IB several times of this glitch, but every time I post an Expert Review (and I believe Iíve posted more Expert Reviews than anyone else on FT!), whatever thread is involved starts to send me email notification DESPITE my settings for no email notifications.

It is quite annoying and can clog up my inbox. IB please fix this glitch!

The only work-around is for me to post an Expert Review, unsubscribe from its thread, and then resubscribe to that same thread again (selecting again for no email notifications). Thatís pretty tedious and should be unnecessary.

Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 19, 2:44 pm
Administrator
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post
Iíve informed FT and IB several times of this glitch, but every time I post an Expert Review (and I believe Iíve posted more Expert Reviews than anyone else on FT!), whatever thread is involved starts to send me email notification DESPITE my settings for no email notifications.

The only work-around is for me to post an Expert Review, unsubscribe from its thread, and then resubscribe to that same thread again (selecting again for no email notifications). Thatís pretty tedious and should be unnecessary.

Thanks!
At the moment, unfortunately, there is no work being done on the Expert Review code. I'll make sure this glitch gets reported though, and gets worked on in the future!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 9, 19, 2:53 pm
Administrator
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post

Thanks!
I've asked tech for a solution
bhrubin likes this.