Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to revert to the old layout?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Assuming the answer is no, but is there a way to go back to the old layout? This new layout is not user friendly. Everything is so big/magnified/stretched out. It's hard to look at the threads. It kind of feels like reading the mobile version on my desktop.

Thanks.
RumPatrol likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:29 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I’m sure you’ll get a reply from Admin, but it might help knowing the version of DT you’re using and the device, OS and browser you’re using to view FT.
IBobi likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
I’m sure you’ll get a reply from Admin, but it might help knowing the version of DT you’re using and the device, OS and browser you’re using to view FT.
Thanks JDiver. I'm on chrome, windows 10 on my laptop. Just wondering if it's possible. No worries if it's not.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:55 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Could you post a screenshot? On occasion, people DO get the mobile version on their laptop.
IBobi likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Sorry if this photo is too big. I don't normally upload photos so I'm new to this. This is how FT looks in chrome when I'm on the laptop. Any ideas? Thanks.

This is how FT looks in chrome on my laptop.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yep, you are seeing the mobile version....!
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know how to fix it? I've deleted cookies cache etc. I was looking for an option on the bottom somewhere to see if I can switch back to desktop but i don't see it. Thanks.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:45 am

I got that briefly a couple of days ago. Logged off and logged back on again and it disappeared.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:51 am
Administrator

You can try as ft101 did and if that does not work, click the 3 lines in the upper left. That should open the menu and you should see an option that says "Go to Desktop Site"
IBobi likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:59 am

Bumping this old thread. The correct desktop version loads in my browser but still wondering if there is an option somewhere to go back to the old "classic" view that 99.9999% of forums employ. Flyertalk does now look newer and modern but in my opinion it is a giant PIA to deal with the feature that automatically changes pages when you scroll up or down. These threads with hundreds of pages are hard to navigate.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:59 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by nsummy
Bumping this old thread. The correct desktop version loads in my browser but still wondering if there is an option somewhere to go back to the old "classic" view that 99.9999% of forums employ. Flyertalk does now look newer and modern but in my opinion it is a giant PIA to deal with the feature that automatically changes pages when you scroll up or down. These threads with hundreds of pages are hard to navigate.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions
Select "Disable Infinite Scroll" and click "Save" at the bottom.
JDiver likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Still doesn’t work if you’re not logged in. Out of all the sites I visit regularly, FT is the worst. I’m really hoping that 2019 is the year you roll back the Nov 2017 downgrade.
Traveller likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:10 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by Sopwith

Still doesn’t work if you’re not logged in. Out of all the sites I visit regularly, FT is the worst. I’m really hoping that 2019 is the year you roll back the Nov 2017 downgrade.
So just stay logged in. While there will certainly be updates and changes to make FT more accessible and easier to use, some changes in how other things, like PHP, make it impossible to go back.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:53 am

Thank you so much for this. The infinite scroll thing has become a pain. Especially going backwards, it seems to bring you back three pages. Sometimes, when there are pictures in a thread, it makes it impossible to see them unless you choose the page number specifically.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:45 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
So just stay logged in. While there will certainly be updates and changes to make FT more accessible and easier to use, some changes in how other things, like PHP, make it impossible to go back.
I’ve stayed logged in for a while and it’s a bit better but still very clunky. I keep wondering if someone is spying on me. Why is there so much stubbornness about fixing this site?

And why do I keep getting “There was a problem with this page so it was reloaded?” I don’t get this on other sites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.