Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk-unique e-mail address potentially stolen

Old Jul 14, 18, 3:09 am
SP0
Original Poster

Just to mention here that I have written to the administrators today to advise them that an email address created for, and used solely on, this forum has been the target of spam. The address should not be visible anywhere. There are various possibilities (including theft outside the forum's systems eg email in transit) which I am sure the administrators will investigate and I won't speculate further here. If others are in a similar situation they may want to let the administrators know also in case this points to a wider problem.

Sadly this seems to happen to most forums, however professionally run, eventually.
Old Jul 14, 18, 11:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, The Suggestion Box and Talkboard Topics

Programs: AA EXP; HH Life <>; SPG Gold; Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Admin @IBobi or designee will undoubtedly respond on Monday.

There’s an existing thread to refer to, Receiving spam on FlyerTalk-unique email address. We hesitate to merge this into that because it’s over two years old, but you might wish to read it.

JDiver, Co-Moderator
Old Jul 14, 18, 11:25 pm
SP0
Original Poster

Thanks. I hadn’t seen thatt. It also reminds me of the possibility that someone acquired my FlyerTalk address way back and it has been sitting around unsold in the spammers marketplace until now. Ive changed it now anyway.
JDiver and IBobi like this.