Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Trying to use emoji in text causes "freeze"

Old Apr 14, 18, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA plat, spg plat, aa plat, marriott plat

If I try to select the emoji icon in the row above the typing window it causes the whole page to freeze and I cannot do anything unless I reload the page!
Old Apr 15, 18, 8:36 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by estnet View Post
If I try to select the emoji icon in the row above the typing window it causes the whole page to freeze and I cannot do anything unless I reload the page!
Internet Brands Administrators will be back at work Monday (Pacific). Perhaps you can share which version of FT you are using, your device, operating system and browser? That will likely make their job a bit easier in trying to chase the cause down.

(Emojis from the new menu option are working for me using Safari and iOS, latest versions, on an iPad Air 2.)

Thank you.

JDiver, Co-Moderator
Old Apr 15, 18, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
Internet Brands Administrators will be back at work Monday (Pacific). Perhaps you can share which version of FT you are using, your device, operating system and browser? That will likely make their job a bit easier in trying to chase the cause down.

(Emojis from the new menu option are working for me using Safari and iOS, latest versions, on an iPad Air 2.)

Thank you.

JDiver, Co-Moderator
Win 10 operating system on laptop, don't know how to tell which version of ft (just type flyertalk.com url) and latest version of chrome.
Old Apr 16, 18, 11:55 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
emoji test

Did not seem to be freezing anything. Are you able to check it on another browser?
Old Apr 16, 18, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
emoji test

Did not seem to be freezing anything. Are you able to check it on another browser?
Tried IE and it worked the way Chrome used to - could it be from using .......? (wasn't using it on IE when it worked)
Old Apr 17, 18, 10:58 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by estnet View Post
Tried IE and it worked the way Chrome used to - could it be from using .......? (wasn't using it on IE when it worked)
Oh yes, that's very possible.

Search this Thread