FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Report Disruptive 2018 Ads on Your Desktop Device - Please Post SCREEN SHOTS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1885656-report-disruptive-2018-ads-your-desktop-device-please-post-screen-shots.html)

JDiver Jan 1, 2018 1:41 pm

Report Disruptive 2018 Ads on Your Desktop Device - Please Post SCREEN SHOTS

Welcome to the rebooted disruptive advertisement report thread, for desktop devices.

cblaisd and JDiver, forum Co-Moderators

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 29189364)
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!

JAXBA Jan 5, 2018 8:59 am

The constant requests to advertising servers are still happening, and crashing my PC. I reported the issue in 2017 here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29141579-post477.html

Please fix this urgently.

JDiver Jan 5, 2018 1:32 pm

As clearly indicated in the Wikipost at the top of the page:

Posts advocating, suggesting, or recommending use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.
/Moderators

LovePrunes Jan 7, 2018 8:06 pm

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...abfbeb35b1.png

browser history when i get the constant ad redirects that hijack flyertalk on my mobile

the amazon gift card redirects on my mobile device happen to me every visit to this flyertalk.
my images are same as those in the end of the 2017 thread

ONLY happens on this site, no others. only on mobile device, not desktop
Chrome history shows the last flyertalk thread which became the amazon prize redirect, wth a weird 3rd party address in my browser history
this has got to go. i understand the site owners need to make $ from ads but this is not the way to do it.

one of them must be an intentional misspelling of google syndication because it's tpc.googlesyncdication.com

corky Jan 10, 2018 11:59 pm

I can't post screenshots because most of the time I don't see the ad but rather have it BLASTING SOUND out at me. I don't even need to be near my PC when this happens. Only on FT.
And only on FT does my screen freeze up constantly...I mean constantly. I have to close and reopen if I want to do any hopping around.

GadgetFreak Jan 11, 2018 9:40 am

For me they seemed to go away for a while but are back much worse than before. The fake Amazon contest is most frequent but the "your phone is badly damaged one" comes up occasionally as well. They're so bad that the site is almost unusable for me on mobile devices.

GadgetFreak Jan 11, 2018 11:24 am

It's gotten even worse. I now can't even look at the threads listed in a forum without getting the fake Amazon redirect. So the mobile site is unusable for me with Chrome on a mobile device.

VickiSoCal Jan 11, 2018 1:23 pm

I am sorry I was unable to read any of the previous posts on this issue as it took me 10 tries just to get here without a pop up. Every other time I open a flyertalk thread I either get the Amazon ad or the your device is severely damaged one. I'm on a Samsung S7 using Chrome

kb9522 Jan 11, 2018 1:53 pm

And unfortunately it's apparently against the rules to even suggest a solution... go figure :rolleyes:

It's becoming abundantly clear to me that not only does nobody care, they approve of these ads. Ridiculous.

GadgetFreak Jan 11, 2018 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal (Post 29280481)
I am sorry I was unable to read any of the previous posts on this issue as it took me 10 tries just to get here without a pop up. Every other time I open a flyertalk thread I either get the Amazon ad or the your device is severely damaged one. I'm on a Samsung S7 using Chrome

Yeah. I'm using a computer now. I've tried probably more than a dozen times today and can't even scroll through a single page using a mobile device without getting one of the ads that kick me off to a fake Amazon site. The site is unusable from a mobile device for me until this is fixed. Considering I'm going on a transcon tomorrow and will only have phones and an iPad I guess no FT for a while unless it gets fixed. I've in iOS and have tried both Chrome and Safari.

IBobi Jan 11, 2018 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal (Post 29280481)

If experience bad mobile ads, and If using Chrome on your mobile device, try:

Load chrome://flags/#enable-framebusting-needs-sameorigin-or-usergesture in the browser's address bar.

Switch the status of the "Framebusting requires same-origin or a user gesture" experimental flag from default to enabled.

Restart the Chrome browser.

Mary2e Jan 11, 2018 3:37 pm

I'm also getting the fake amazon redirect using my iPad. I can't even use FT on because it comes up so quickly.

I was also getting it on Tivocommunity on my iPad, but the admins there were able to get the ad company to stop them.

It has rendered FT completely unusable unless I'm on my desktop.

GadgetFreak Jan 11, 2018 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 29281059)
If experience bad mobile ads, and If using Chrome on your mobile device, try:

Load chrome://flags/#enable-framebusting-needs-sameorigin-or-usergesture in the browser's address bar.

Switch the status of the "Framebusting requires same-origin or a user gesture" experimental flag from default to enabled.

Restart the Chrome browser.

Thanks, but I just tried 12 times to cut that so I could paste in on my iPad and couldn't do it without getting kicked out of FT. I'll try mailing it to my iPad and doing it that way.

So I mailed it to my iPad and added it to the URL bar and that "Framebusting requires same-origin or a user gesture" doesn't come up. Bunch of other experimental settings but not that one.

VickiSoCal Jan 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Thank you that seems to have fixed it sorry I posted this in the wrong thread but I was having trouble getting anything to open.

GadgetFreak Jan 11, 2018 4:24 pm

Interestingly, the Framebusting comes up on my desktop as an option but I don't see it on my iPad. I even searched for it on the flag search on the iPad. It says it doesn't find it. It did on the desktop.