Search

Thread Titles showing from Link

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 7:07 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Thread Titles showing from Link

I looked around, but couldn't find anything. If there is already a post/thread on this, a pointer would be greatly appreciated.

I have a thread/wiki I try to help maintain wihtin the Marriott forum:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...er-thread.html. (And of course the title shows through just fine here, but in the FAQ thread it's not working correctly.)

I recently noticed that all the embedded links no longer show the thread title it is pointing to. There was a recent change to the Marriott/RC forums and I figured I'd have to go through and update the links with the new forum structure/name. But when I did that, I noticed the titles still don't show through.

The only way I seem to be able to get the title to show within the post is to manually modify the link like this: Marriott FAQ Master Thread. What is interesting is that if I view the FAQ through "Preview Post", all the Thread Titles show through correctly, but they don't when normally viewing the thread/wiki.

So am I missing something or has the functionality changed to no longer automatically show the thread title when creating the link?

Thanks.
Old May 20, 2017, 7:13 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
And now I went back and tried again and it does seem to be working for links within posts directly in the Thread. But the WIKI doesn't seem to be showing the titles still. Not sure why. Any thoughts?

Last edited by hhoope01; May 20, 2017 at 8:15 am
Old May 20, 2017, 12:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As the author of many Wikiposts, I can assure you the thread title is not reflected in a thread link; that's 100% normal for FT. It has been so since Internet Brands added Wikiposts to FlyerTalk.

If you're reading http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html, it will generally - not 100% of the time - show as a thread title. And though I've inquired with Adim / Tech, there seems no rhyme or reason when a post will require using the link wizard:

In a Wikipost you have to force that by using the title, selecting and using the wizard to add the link.

And thank you for your contributions to FT and the Marriott forum through active posting and Wikipost updating.

(Off topic, but I usually underline links as well - years ago when I was an Assistant Sysop on CompuServe, our Sysop informed us that was standard and helped others recognize text as a link.)

Last edited by JDiver; May 20, 2017 at 12:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.