Mobile Search Broken?

Old May 5, 17, 4:09 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Mobile Search Broken?

Whenever I search on mobile, selecting subfora to be searched only doesn't work. I get results from all fora, regardless of my filter.

iOS, Safari

image hosting 10mb limit
Old May 5, 17, 3:47 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
What were the two forums you have selected in the first image? We couldn't get this to happen on our end, but may be forum-specific.
Old May 5, 17, 6:09 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
What were the two forums you have selected in the first image? We couldn't get this to happen on our end, but may be forum-specific.
BA!
Old May 8, 17, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Have you made sure to uncheck the search all forums box? I use the Mobile version and recently realized this was why it wasn't searching just what I clicked.
Old May 8, 17, 10:29 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Have you made sure to uncheck the search all forums box? I use the Mobile version and recently realized this was why it wasn't searching just what I clicked.
I understand 'Child forum' as a subforum of a given forum and BA doesn't have one. When I uncheck, I get the same results. It is impossible for me only to search the BA forum.
Old May 8, 17, 3:25 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by florens View Post
I understand 'Child forum' as a subforum of a given forum and BA doesn't have one. When I uncheck, I get the same results. It is impossible for me only to search the BA forum.
You are certain you unchecked "Search all forums" in the drop down menu? Because it says you still have 2 forums selected. If you're only searching BA, you should only have one forum selected.
Old May 9, 17, 11:53 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

You are certain you unchecked "Search all forums" in the drop down menu? Because it says you still have 2 forums selected. If you're only searching BA, you should only have one forum selected.
Ok, it was this. I have been using mobile search for a while and never encountered this. In fact, it has been working fine until now. Has this been changed? There should be an automated uncheck of 'search all forums' once a subforum is selected. This way I need to click twice.
Old May 10, 17, 8:28 am
Administrator

I'm not sure. It does seem somewhat unintuitive that "Search All" is not deselected when selecting something else. I'll see if tech can fix/improve that.
Old May 11, 17, 6:39 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

I'm not sure. It does seem somewhat unintuitive that "Search All" is not deselected when selecting something else. I'll see if tech can fix/improve that.
Thanks, IBJoel, much appreciated.
Old May 23, 17, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott/SPG Amb, Hyatt Explorist
As an added data point, the same exact thing just confused me on mobile.

Search this Thread