Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Truncated pages from email link on iOS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2017, 7:53 am

Original Poster

Truncated pages from email link on iOS

when I click on an email link to FT (a notification) the page opens In my browser full site desktop mode (as it should for me) but it is truncated and I can't scroll right or resize the page. Orientation of the device doesn't matter.

The only way around it is to switch to mobile mode, log out to delete cookies, and log back in then switch back to full site view then I have to switch out of infinite scroll mode. I use chrome but I know somebody else that sees the same thing using safari with the stock Apple mail client.

This is really annoying and repeatable.

Please stop breaking FT

-David
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:10 pm

Original Poster

Page is truncated on the right side in the middle of the quote button, and cannot be resized ...
Attached Images  
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:14 pm

Original Poster

In vertical orientation, pages cannot be resized (actually true in both orientations), and are also truncated on the right side ... normally you can resize the page to fit in the window and when made larger, can scroll to the right all the way to the edge of the page. Attempting a resize gives very strange behavior.
Attached Images   
Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:00 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
What browser and device are you using?

I'm using iOS and have no such issue.

Admin will see this on Monday.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:46 am

Original Poster

7+ and like I said above chrome or safari

Did you click on a link from a notification email?

More info:

Did not happen with the link from the email notification for this thread.
Does not seem to happen on my iPad mini. (only on my iPhone).
Does happen from the SGS thread notifications ... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...9&goto=newpost
Happens if I reload an FT page (like this one) on my iPhone in chrome. (and clicking on the link above in chrome can also make it happen.)

Easiest way for me to reproduce is to to be in FT, logged in, in chrome or safari, on my iPhone, reading this thread with everything working and click on the link to the SGS thread, newest post, in this post.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Apr 9, 2017 at 5:13 pm
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:08 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
7+ and like I said above chrome or safari

Did you click on a link from a notification email?

More info:

Did not happen with the link from the email notification for this thread.
Does not seem to happen on my iPad mini. (only on my iPhone).
Does happen from the SGS thread notifications ... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...9&goto=newpost
Happens if I reload an FT page (like this one) on my iPhone in chrome. (and clicking on the link above in chrome can also make it happen.)

Easiest way for me to reproduce is to to be in FT, logged in, in chrome or safari, on my iPhone, reading this thread with everything working and click on the link to the SGS thread, newest post, in this post.

-David
Terrific! Thank you for providing steps to replicate. I was able to do so and can show our tech team.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.