Reload this Page >

Hashtag & post link discrepancies

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hashtag & post link discrepancies

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:28 am

You were using the hash character. FT interprets that as a link to a poster's forum name and makes it into a URL.
IBobi likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:04 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
You were using the hash character. FT interprets that as a link to a poster's forum name and makes it into a URL.
This relatively new behaviour trips up many users, especially given that FT has a prior (and long established) use for the hash character. It's known as the "number sign" or "pound sign" in N America and appears in front of the post numbering used within every thread. So many people wanting to reference "post 2 above" include the symbol -- and the system generates a link to an unhelpful list of posts where the same "hash tag" has been used.

This has been raised before (e.g. here in the thread this has now been moved to) but not, as far as I know, resolved.

Last edited by IMH; Mar 31, 2018 at 5:55 am Reason: improved phrasing and spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.