Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

How do I change my signature? (& related questions)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signatures Rule link to this FlyerTalk Rule

A personalized signature is available to you once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member. Because these signatures appear at the bottom of every post you make, the following rules apply in order to minimize distraction within the forums:
  • Signatures are subject to the rules governing all FlyerTalk content (e.g. those which forbid the furthering of illegal or fraudulent activities, the use of profanity, vulgarity, hatred, abusiveness and harassment).
  • Affiliate or referral links resulting in any form of compensation, including points or miles, are not permitted in signatures.
  • All links and referrals to credit card sign-up pages, marketplaces with a primary purpose to promote the sale or referral of credit cards, or any other offer related to credit cards, are prohibited in signatures. For clarification, if you author a blog focused in the areas of travel, miles and points, your signature may link to your blog — provided that the link is not directly to a post or webpage about credit cards.
  • Except for credit card sign-up offers, signatures that specifically relate to your travel-related commercial ventures are allowed. Other commercial signatures are not allowed.
  • Signatures of a religious or political nature (other than campaigning for FlyerTalk's elected TalkBoard) are not allowed.
  • Signatures containing direct links away from FlyerTalk to charitable activities are not allowed, but you may use a link to your thread in the FlyerTalk Cares forum. (See Rule 11 — Charitable Posts.)
  • You may not manually insert a signature into the body of a message or user profile unless you are an official company representative, as designated by a green-colored username. A brief close in the body of a message, such as, "Regards," "Cheers," "Travel Safely," or "Thanks," with or without your name or user name, is permitted.

Graphically, your signature must conform to the following standards:
  • andard column widths.
  • Do not use all-caps, alternating caps, alternating use of color, or other unconventional methods of attracting attention to your signature. Two emoticons, characters, symbols or other key strokes in addition to text are permitted.
  • Do not embed images of any kind in your signature.

To add or edit a signature:
  1. Go to My FlyerTalk
    • See Your Control Panel on the left
      • Go to Settings & Options
        • Go to Edit Signature
See first post for illustration.

Print Wikipost

How do I change my signature? (& related questions)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2016, 12:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Arrow How do I change my signature? (& related questions)

To have a signature, you must have 180 days and 180 constructive posts on FlyerTalk, and the signature must meet the conditions shown in the FlyerTalk Rules, reflected in the Wikipost above.

Go to My FlyerTalk, click / press, then go to Your Control Panel. Under Settings and Options, you’ll see Edit Signature. Click or press on Edit Signature and establish your signature; it will show on all posts, past and future.

Attached Images  

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 5, 2019 at 10:36 pm Reason: Add graphic
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:15 am

Arrow How to change my signature? and other Signature questions

I am hunted for this info and can't find it. I've posted in the tech forums, but the posts don't seem to show up.

Any ideas on how to edit my signature? There is no edit pencil by the signature in my profile.

also, how do I edit my URL in my profile? Again, no edit pencil.

Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2017, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by profhoff
Any ideas on how to edit my signature? There is no edit pencil by the signature in my profile.
MyFlyerTalk--> Edit signature on the left hand side. Just click the blue text. (I am using a laptop).
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:03 pm

thanks! works.
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (11/Dec/18)
Apologies for updating a very old thread,

I'm over 90 days and 90 posts and don't have an option to edit signature.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:37 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by mtikky

OK, you should be all set, now!
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
180/180 for signature on FT...

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Originally Posted by mtikky

OK, you should be all set, now!
If I am not mistaken, the current rule to have signatures for members is to achieve 180 posts & 180 days:

https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#signatures
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
My sig is not on my existing posts. Should they be?

Last edited by snaxmuppet; Dec 11, 2018 at 3:21 am Reason: Changed question
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
My sig is not on my existing posts. Should they be?
No
snaxmuppet likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:47 am

Trying to edit my signature, but there's no pencil icon. Any clues on what to do?

thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:13 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by SouthernCross
Trying to edit my signature, but there's no pencil icon. Any clues on what to do?

thanks!
Go to the "my flyertalk" page and look at the list of various options in the left hand column. Under "settings and options" and you should see "edit signature"
IBobi likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 7:07 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Is this still an option? I can't find it
Old Jun 11, 2021, 10:25 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Is this still an option? I can't find it
You'll just need to be on the site a bit longer. 180 days total.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Asia Miles, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Emerald Club.
My signature appears under "preview signature" on the page "edit signature", even with the blue fonts that I chose. But after I save it, it doesn't appear on my posts. Could someone help? TIA!

EDIT: Nevermind. I see that it only appears on new posts, but not any of my previous posts.

Last edited by mathgeek1978; Sep 4, 2021 at 11:56 pm Reason: EDIT: Nevermind. I see that it only appears on new posts, but not any of my previous posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.