Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bug report: deleted(?) post "sticks" in New Subscribed Threads list

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:12 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
bug report: deleted(?) post "sticks" in New Subscribed Threads list

When I go to "My FlyerTalk" I see the following new subscribed thread:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 21.06.06.png
Views: 277
Size:  31.0 KB

but that post at 1:14pm (GMT-8) does not exist. Probably it was deleted by the mods, or there is a glitch or something, but either way, (See below) it was moved into that thread from another thread, and since then that message has been "stuck" as a new post in my "New Subscribed Threads" since yesterday.

This is on the "FT Desktop" skin*

This may be related to the bug I've occasionally noticed where you reach, say, page 9 of 10, and you click on next page, and it brings you to page 9 again because there really is no page 10 (again it seems inferentially that a previous post which caused there to be a 10th page was subsequently removed)

(It's getting harder and harder to resist the temptation to make a throwaway post to the thread just to get this to go away -- OCD )

*Interestingly, in the mobile skin, it says "New Subscribed Threads: (1)" but if I tap through to > Subscribed Threads > Subscriptions, that same thread does not appear. So it's counted for the (1) but does not actually show up in the list.

Last edited by Zorak; Jan 25, 2017 at 12:21 am
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:56 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Zorak
When I go to "My FlyerTalk" I see the following new subscribed thread:

Attachment 25932

but that post at 1:14pm (GMT-8) does not exist. Probably it was deleted by the mods, or there is a glitch or something, but either way, that message has been "stuck" as a new post in my "New Subscribed Threads" since yesterday.

This is on the "FT Desktop" skin*

This may be related to the bug I've occasionally noticed where you reach, say, page 9 of 10, and you click on next page, and it brings you to page 9 again because there really is no page 10 (again it seems inferentially that a previous post which caused there to be a 10th page was subsequently removed)

(It's getting harder and harder to resist the temptation to make a throwaway post to the thread just to get this to go away -- OCD )

*Interestingly, in the mobile skin, it says "New Subscribed Threads: (1)" but if I tap through to > Subscribed Threads > Subscriptions, that same thread does not appear. So it's counted for the (1) but does not actually show up in the list.
I moderate that forum. I did not delete that post and it is there when I click on the "go to last post" link. However, it was one of several posts that I moved yesterday from the ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread, so that may explain the glitch that you are experiencing.
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Haven't been able to access for the last 10 minutes...
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Yep, came back online again..
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by TWA884
I moderate that forum. I did not delete that post and it is there when I click on the "go to last post" link. However, it was one of several posts that I moved yesterday [...]
Oh, yeah, I thought that handle sounded familiar

So that does explain how the current situation arose (I'll edit my original post).

But the primary bug report stands

EDIT: TWA884, did you just do some followup/cleanup step? Because the spurious new post that was sticking, is now gone ^
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:11 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
EDIT: TWA884, did you just do some followup/cleanup step? Because the spurious new post that was sticking, is now gone ^
I didn't do anything other than check the threads in question and respond to your original post here.

BTW, those were moved from the EF "Information" thread to the EF "Help" thread, not the other way around as your edited post now states.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA884
I didn't do anything other than check the threads in question and respond to your original post here.

BTW, those were moved from the EF "Information" thread to the EF "Help" thread, not the other way around as your edited post now states.
Corrected, thanks!

And now I think I've figured out the nature of the bug, and a workaround for how to clear this if it happens again: when I clicked on the "first new post" down arrow icon, it took me to the original thread where the moved posts were located (and thus no longer there).

On reading your reply, I clicked on one of the quoted messages to see them in their new location, and that must be what finally cleared it from my list of new subscribed threads.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
When Moderators perform curatorial and maintenance tasks, it can take some time for thevdata base to process the changes, as I've experienced it. So if you click on a link to a post, the link may not work temporarily. If posts are moved to another thread, what appears to be a spurious page may be shown. These data base errors generally clear up once the data base is renewed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.