Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

How can I subscribe to / unsubscribe from FT newsletter / news letter, etc.?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: The origin is [email protected], as Internet Brands is the owner of FlyerTalk.

At the bottom of the newsletter, you will see the unsubscribe link here:

FlyerTalk.com is located at 909 North Sepulveda Blvd., 11th Floor El Segundo, CA 90245
This email was sent to <your FlyerTalk registration email address>. To unsubscribe, please click here.
This will take you to a verification page with links:

Thank You!
You have been unsubscribed from this publication.

To resubscribe or view and edit your subscriptions to other publications from FlyerTalk.com, visit the Subscription Center

To view and edit the information you have given us and manage how FlyerTalk.com communicates with you, visit the Profile Center

Unsubscribe from all

If you wish to unsubscribe from ALL publications from FlyerTalk.com, click the Unsubscribe From All button below.

Unsubscribe From All
NOTE: All links on this wiki post are simulated, and are not working links.
Print Wikipost

How can I subscribe to / unsubscribe from FT newsletter / news letter, etc.?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:34 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by dmj
I registered an account for this forum in 2013. I never subscribed to any newsletters (I never do). But since October flyertalk.com is sending spam emails to me.

How can I stop flyertalk.com to send spam anymore? I do not find any options for that anywhere.

I also want to delete my account permanently. I also do not find any option for that.

I hope someone can help. Thanks.
Please see the wiki post at the top of the page for information on how to unsubscribe.

It's likely newsletters are part of the signup agreement, though you can unsubscribe, much as agreeing to abide by the Rules is.

As for deleting your Flyertalk account, there is no way to do that; you can just walk away and desist from posting.

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 27, 2015 at 11:35 am Reason: Add
Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by dmj
How can I stop flyertalk.com to send spam anymore? I do not find any options for that anywhere.
Mine say
To unsubscribe, please click here.
at the bottom. I clicked there and unsubscribed.

Yours don't have that?
IBobi likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 11:33 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Unnecessarily accusatory, unfriendly or snarky posts will be summarily deleted, in accordance with the Flyertalk Rules (link).

/Moderator
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
While I enjoy TalkMail, there is another unnamed "newsletter" from FlyerTalk with "news, columns, forums" at the top. I would like to unsubscribe from that, but it is not clear if that will also unsubscribe me from TalkMail? They both come from the same email address, "[email protected]".
Does anyone know the answer?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:34 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by sosafan
While I enjoy TalkMail, there is another unnamed "newsletter" from FlyerTalk with "news, columns, forums" at the top. I would like to unsubscribe from that, but it is not clear if that will also unsubscribe me from TalkMail? They both come from the same email address, "[email protected]".
Does anyone know the answer?
I do.

When you click the unsub link, it takes you to the newsletter subscription manager on FT, where you can decide which things you want to keep getting.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi
I do.

When you click the unsub link, it takes you to the newsletter subscription manager on FT, where you can decide which things you want to keep getting.
Oops.
I clicked the "unsubscribe" at the top and it seems that gmail marked the sender as spam. I don't know how to undo that.

I clicked the "unsubscribe" at the bottom and it reads as follows: I see how to unsubscribe from TalkMail (which I didn't want to do),
but not from the other unnamed newsletter (which might or might not be related to TalkMail).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------snip
Welcome to your subscription center. Read the instructions below to unsubscribe or subscribe to other publications.
On This Page Available Publications Unsubscribe From AllAvailable PublicationsTo unsubscribe from any publication, just uncheck the box and click the update button below. To subscribe to new publications, just check the appropriate box and click the update button below.TalkMail Subscription Top of PageUnsubscribe From AllIf you wish to unsubscribe from ALL publications from FlyerTalk.com, check the box and click the update button below.I no longer wish to receive any future publications. Top of Page
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by sosafan
Oops.
I clicked the "unsubscribe" at the top and it seems that gmail marked the sender as spam. I don't know how to undo that.

I clicked the "unsubscribe" at the bottom and it reads as follows: I see how to unsubscribe from TalkMail (which I didn't want to do),
but not from the other unnamed newsletter (which might or might not be related to TalkMail).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------snip
Welcome to your subscription center. Read the instructions below to unsubscribe or subscribe to other publications.
On This Page Available Publications Unsubscribe From AllAvailable PublicationsTo unsubscribe from any publication, just uncheck the box and click the update button below. To subscribe to new publications, just check the appropriate box and click the update button below.TalkMail Subscription Top of PageUnsubscribe From AllIf you wish to unsubscribe from ALL publications from FlyerTalk.com, check the box and click the update button below.I no longer wish to receive any future publications. Top of Page
I see what you mean -- let me have tech take a look...
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:15 am

I receive the "newsletter" on occasion via e-mail and enjoy it very much. I would like to refer a friend to receive the same newsletter. I can't find where I am subscribed to the newsletter, and within the newsletter, there is only an unsubscribe link, not a "share with a friend" link.

Can you help me introduce my friend to FT by having the newsletter sent to him? If I forward it, there is no way for him to subscribe as a new subscriber, only to unsubscribe me (which I don't want).

Thanks.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by jasgot
I receive the "newsletter" on occasion via e-mail and enjoy it very much. I would like to refer a friend to receive the same newsletter. I can't find where I am subscribed to the newsletter, and within the newsletter, there is only an unsubscribe link, not a "share with a friend" link.

Can you help me introduce my friend to FT by having the newsletter sent to him? If I forward it, there is no way for him to subscribe as a new subscriber, only to unsubscribe me (which I don't want).

Thanks.
At the moment we do not have a working newsletter subscription link independent of the forums. If your friend were to sign up for FT, with a valid email addy, he/she should get the newsletter.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi
I see what you mean -- let me have tech take a look...
Somebody fixed something and it is the way I want now.
Thanks
IBobi likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Feb 27th was the last email alert Got to the threads I was subscribed to. I unsubscribed and resubscribed and even added an instnat email to an active thread and do not any any
emails from FT.

This happened once before a few years ago , i created a new used ID and somehow I other I started receiving emails at the Email address associated with that accout.
Then For a year or more I received emails to my original account PTERPNYC until now

Please Help
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Feb 27th was the last email alert Got to the threads I was subscribed to. I unsubscribed and resubscribed and even added an instnat email to an active thread and do not any any
emails from FT.

This happened once before a few years ago , i created a new used ID and somehow I other I started receiving emails at the Email address associated with that accout.
Then For a year or more I received emails to my original account PTERPNYC until now

Please Help
Some email hosts block us. And they can start blockign any particular account's emails seemingly at random. We have the best luck with gmail. We have the worst luck with AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail.
JDiver likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.