Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search for profile?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Search for profile?

To find someone's profile when I know their username, I go to advanced search to find posts by the person, go to a random post, and then click on the username to see the profile.

However, if someone has joined FT but has not yet posted anything, is there a way to find their profile? Nothing seems to work, even though when I start to type the username, it appears on the list and I can click on it (which seems to verify that it is an active FT account and that I am spelling everything correctly). I haven't been able to find a list of all usernames on FT, which would be a logical place to click through to the profile.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:21 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
If you know the profile name you can just use: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...economist.html and change the username to suit.

There doesn't seem to be a public list of members or way to search for them other than using Advanced Search as you've found.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by nux
If you know the profile name you can just use: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...economist.html and change the username to suit.

There doesn't seem to be a public list of members or way to search for them other than using Advanced Search as you've found.
Am I correct that there's no link for this anywhere on the FT website so that one must simply be aware of the syntax in the IRLs for profile pages? So I suppose I should have examined my own profile page and then made a good guess about how to bring them up in general?

Thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Am I correct that there's no link for this anywhere on the FT website so that one must simply be aware of the syntax in the IRLs for profile pages? So I suppose I should have examined my own profile page and then made a good guess about how to bring them up in general?

Thanks.
That's a problem until a new member makes a post. For most FT members it's not much of an issue, as they'll not have reason to view a profile of someone they'd have no idea is on FT.

If someone has signed up for a FT account merely to send PMs (they are throttled back initially), they should, IMO, be viewed with suspicion; if a member receives a PM with a spurious or suspicious request, suggestion, offer etc. the member should report the PM - best by forwarding it to Senior a Moderators, so the matter can be investigated and properly dealt with.

In the case of the occasional scam-spammer who signs up, with a member report Admin can delete all PMs sent by scammers, and their accounts can be suspended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.