Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk new Mobile Skin issues, glitches, questions etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FlyerTalk new Mobile Skin issues, glitches, questions etc.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:09 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Gig103
I cannot get back to mobile by visiting m.flyertalk.com per the wiki.
Android 7.1, Chrome
I think it was shut down years ago.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:46 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Did I miss something? Forum autoswitches to Desktop view and when selecting MobileOne view I get this error:

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected ')' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(299) : eval()'d code on line 104
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:20 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Did I miss something? Forum autoswitches to Desktop view and when selecting MobileOne view I get this error:
Gilbert, what browser are you using and is it on Android or iOS? How does the "New Mobile" skin work for you? Last question: Were you in a thread or on the main page (Trending)?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:21 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Gilbert, what browser are you using and is it on Android or iOS? How does the "New Mobile" skin work for you? Last question: Were you in a thread or on the main page (Trending)?
I'm using Chrome on an Android (Samsung S7Edge).
Mobile skin currently not working for me. If I click on the permalink I have saved on my phone desktop, it opens the mobile skin. The moment I click on a thread, or post, it switches to desktop view.
So some issue there... (And I'm still getting the same error message as posted above).
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Gig103
I cannot get back to mobile by visiting m.flyertalk.com per the wiki.
Android 7.1, Chrome

Delete. Thanks

Last edited by jimdarcy; Oct 19, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:26 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
Delete. Thanks
Scroll to the bottom of a thread and select mobile skin.

If that doesn't work, you may need to clear cache and FT cookies, and try again.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by IBobi
Scroll to the bottom of a thread and select mobile skin.

If that doesn't work, you may need to clear cache and FT cookies, and try again.

that worked thanks!
IBobi likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 1:15 pm

Hi, I hope it is ok to revive this thread instead of posting a new question. I really miss desktop feature Forum tools / Mark this forum read on my mobile phone (Chrome / Android). Is it hidden somewhere? If not, would you please consider adding this feature? It helps to quickly orientate what's new since my last visit. Thanks
Old Nov 17, 2023, 11:25 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
In light mode when you tap on Multi quote button, the button gets highlighted/the colors are inverted:

However I noticed today that it no longer* works this way in dark mode -- although the counter in the lower left gets incremented correctly (and decremented if you tap the same message again), there is no longer a visual indication of which message(s) are selected.

*at least, I'm nearly certain that dark mode used to work similarly to light mode in this regard

... actually, just before I clicked Submit on this post, I noticed that there *is* a change in the button, but it's an extremely subtle change from dark grey to black (compare the Quote button to the Multi button below) so it's still not a great user experience...

EDIT: arguably I could have posted this in the Dark Mode thread, but the problem only seems to affect the mobile skin.

In desktop+dark mode there's still a contrast:

IBJoel likes this.

Last edited by Zorak; Nov 17, 2023 at 11:31 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.