FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   FlyerTalk new Mobile Skin issues, glitches, questions etc. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1660450-flyertalk-new-mobile-skin-issues-glitches-questions-etc.html)

nwa330 Mar 28, 2016 8:53 pm

FlyerTalk new Mobile Skin issues, glitches, questions etc.

The new platform that rolled out today isn't very user friendly. You are now unable to toggle between pages with out typing in the page number. There should be arrows for going to the last page and another for jumping to the next page. It's difficult to have to enter the page number manually. Can this feature be looked at for a modification?

JDiver Mar 28, 2016 9:46 pm

We have moved your post from TalkBoard Topics to the more appropriate Trchnical Support and Ffednack forum. It may be merged soon.

JDiver, Moderator

IBobi Mar 29, 2016 2:37 pm

1 Attachment(s)
See the bottom of the mobile screen for how to navigate.

kuroko Mar 30, 2016 4:00 am

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 26405664)
See the bottom of the mobile screen for how to navigate.

i assume OP meant, that you cannot skip to page 15/45. only to the last page

lalala Mar 30, 2016 9:27 am

This is ridiculous

The mobile interface is clunky and dated. How hard is it for IB crack IT team to redeploy the "app" without throwing thousands of dollars I yo dev. Time? There are lots of wrappers you can use out there until you get things stabilized and the big boss signs off on the paperwork. Until then, maybe I'll just use my desktop and only visit threads occasionally. At least on the desktop, I'm not seeing banner ads. I understand that this is really all about selling ad space and not about providing any sense of community as it was in the past.

IBobi Mar 30, 2016 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by kuroko (Post 26408344)
i assume OP meant, that you cannot skip to page 15/45. only to the last page

If you click where it says 1/1 (or x/x page), it allows you to type a page number in and go straight there.

salut0 Mar 31, 2016 8:21 am

What happened to "mobile.flyertalk.com"?

Looks like it's dead.

Flyertalk.com on mobile shows a mobile-formatted site, but it doesn't seem to have the clean interface and simple lists the old mobile.flyertalk.com site used to have, the most important of which were:

Recent Posts
My forums
My threads
etc.

Where can I get easy access to those features now on a mobile browser?

IBobi Mar 31, 2016 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by salut0 (Post 26414675)
Looks like it's dead.

Flyertalk.com on mobile shows a mobile-formatted site, but it doesn't seem to have the clean interface and simple lists the old mobile.flyertalk.com site used to have, the most important of which were:

Recent Posts
My forums
My threads
etc.

The new mobile skin does not have all the features you had used. Needing to use those features, I recommend using the full site on your mobile browser.

gypsyjaney Mar 31, 2016 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by salut0 (Post 26414675)
Looks like it's dead.

Recent Posts
My forums
My threads
etc.

Dead is exactly what it looks like. I can't find anything. It looks as though someone just dropped a nuclear bomb on FT. Thank goodness I have eventually managed to find my way back to the full site.

kuroko Mar 31, 2016 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 26411499)
If you click where it says 1/1 (or x/x page), it allows you to type a page number in and go straight there.

seen that but not really user friendly IMO. have seen that there is a "next page" button in the thread overview but not "within" a thread...

Traveller Apr 2, 2016 6:01 pm

I used an app on my android tablet up until this week. It was fine to use but now it's getting an error and won't load. I don't see it anymore in the playstore, has it been removed?

edited to add from another thread:

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 26405162)
You've done nothing wrong. The software upgrade will no longer support the app. However, the mobile skin is still functioning properly.

boutela Apr 3, 2016 7:50 am

Clicking on a previously read thread in the mobile view doesn't take you to the first unread post, but to a somewhat earlier one that you've already read. (Not the first post, and I haven't worked out exactly how much earlier.)

Otherwise I kind of like the new format. :-)

ETA: iPhone 6, mobile Safari, latest iOS.

dciolli Apr 14, 2016 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by boutela (Post 26429020)
Clicking on a previously read thread in the mobile view doesn't take you to the first unread post, but to a somewhat earlier one that you've already read. (Not the first post, and I haven't worked out exactly how much earlier.)

The mobile version doesn't appear to be marking viewed posts as "read". Am I doing something wrong?

I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S6.

IBobi Apr 14, 2016 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by dciolli (Post 26486055)
The mobile version doesn't appear to be marking viewed posts as "read". Am I doing something wrong?

I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S6.

Seems to work for me.

thelark Apr 14, 2016 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by boutela (Post 26429020)

I'm also still experiencing this and it's really annoying.