Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2001, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Many
UA - Here we go again?

UA board seems to be down again?
Old Sep 4, 2001, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I too cannot access the UA forum. Additionally, the performance (speed) of FT in general is so bad that it is almost useless.
Old Sep 4, 2001, 10:14 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It's been fine for me! Am I just lucky today?
Old Sep 5, 2001, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

United slooooooow and often timed out again for me today. Funny that with only 8,000 posts, United is still having problems while MilesBuzz with over 60,000 posts works fine for me.
Old Sep 5, 2001, 5:41 pm
Michael at WebFlyer

Hello everybody.

This is Deal Watch day and that might be part of the problem. It's very fast for me at the moment...at least much faster than I can recall it ever being in recent memory. Please help me keep an eye on it and give me your feedback over the next day or so. This way I'll know if it's something that is just occurring during our peak days of the week or if we are going to continue having problems related to other issues.

Thanks for your patience.

------------------
Michael at WebFlyer
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
2428 Hall Ave.
Grand Junction, Co. 81501

Old Sep 6, 2001, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Very slow for the last few hours. Times out on every try.
Old Sep 6, 2001, 11:46 am
Original Member

Programs: United, Hilton
Over the past 3 days, the UA forum has been fine in the AM but slow or stopped in the PM (after noon). Specifically, this morning I was able to access the UA forum with no problem, but now it times out and will not let me in. Hope this info helps?
Old Sep 6, 2001, 12:49 pm

The United forum is doing one particular strange thing today that I don't recall noticing in the past. On the topic index, a topic will show a "Last Post" that the page for that topic doesn't. For example, at one point, the topic "What do you do when you offend others" showed up in the index as having 7 Replies with a Last Post of 09-06-2001 11:46 AM, but the page for that topic did not show that post. However, when another post was added to that topic at 12:19 PM, the page was updated to show both posts.

Another topic that is exhibiting this behavior right now is "Lifetime RCC access for $1600", which the index shows as having a reply posted at 11:30 AM that doesn't show up on the topic's page.

(Odd. The system deleted the first word in each URL text. Apparently it wants a space between the end bracket and the quote.)

(Hmmm. The UBBCode instructions say to "NOT use quotation marks inside the URL tag". But it does seem to work as long as there's a space between the bracket and the quotation mark.)

[This message has been edited by Rare (edited 09-06-2001).]
Old Sep 6, 2001, 1:08 pm
doc

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rxziebel:

Over the past 3 days, the UA forum has been fine in the AM but slow or stopped in the PM (after noon) Specifically, this morning I was able to access the UA forum with no problem, but now it times out and will not let me in. Hope this info helps?</font>

Actually, for me, while I can still enter the UA forum, eventually, much if not the whole of FT appears to suffer from a morning "sprint" and later day "maliase"

Hope this helps!
Old Sep 7, 2001, 11:12 am
Michael at WebFlyer

Good morning everyone. Thank you all for the assist. Yes, there is some helful information here. Please keep it coming.

I was just in the United forum and it opened up pretty fast for me. I'm on a cable modem how about the rest of you?

Say, now that I think of it...here's a nice way to give me an assist if you wouldn't mind...let me know what time you are accessing United ( or any forum for that matter ) by telling me your time and the time zone that you are viewing from. Follow this with your connection, i.e. Dialup modem, cable, etc.

Will you do that for me?

Thank you very much. I'll be able to compare different scenarios then...I hope.

You've been very helpful and thanks again.

------------------
Michael at WebFlyer
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
2428 Hall Ave.
Grand Junction, Co. 81501

[This message has been edited by Michael at WebFlyer (edited 09-07-2001).]

Old Sep 10, 2001, 10:30 pm

United down AGAIN for me.

Also similar scenario to a post above, the evergreen "Baht Pass" thread on The Buzz shows a recent post as being made 2 hours back, but the 4 times I tried to open the last page of that thread, only a much older post was showing as most recent one from egarrett - posted 09-09-2001 10:37 AM.

Hope this assists Michael.

[This message has been edited by sendoisan (edited 09-10-2001).]
Old Sep 11, 2001, 4:00 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
I haven't been able to get to the United forum in the past half hour. I am on east coast and using T1 connection.
Old Sep 12, 2001, 6:31 pm

I haven't been able to get into the UA forum for the past three hours (last post was also 3 hours ago).
Old Sep 14, 2001, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Keep trying to access the UA forum all morning: no success. Has anybody similar problems?
Old Sep 14, 2001, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Keep trying to access the UA forum all morning: no success. Has anybody similar problems?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.