Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

"Official Announcements" now on the correct site?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2001, 6:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum75/HTML/000022.html

I notice in this "Technical" Forum a number of folks posting that AA, UA or The Buzz is down etc, and a whole pile more agreeing and asking FT for a response.

I notice that the "Official Announcement" Forum has a post made by Michael that the UA board is down. I did a search and see that is the ONLY time in the past year that Forum has been used to make such an announcement of a service problem. Seems the perfect place to make such a announcement, and is how eBay, Yahoo etc respond to service outages.

Just that in the past it does not seem to have been used by the FT techies, so no-one here probably looks at it much? Good move Michael, and in future I'll check that Forum first if having a problem accessing any Forum. (Which lately as many say, have been often experiencing tech access problems.) Hope the wrinkles smooth out for you and your colleagues.
Old Aug 27, 2001, 8:25 am
Michael at WebFlyer

flyboy1, good morning and thank you for your feedback.

Yes, you are correct, this particular forum hasn't seen much action in the past...not really sure why we have it, but it is a good place to post this sort of thing.

I believe the main reason we've rarely posted this sort of info there, is because there is a "global announcement" system for the boards that we use all of the time. Have you not noticed that when there is an announcement there appears a new little icon just inside every forum in the upper left hand corner of the browser? It kinda looks like a mailbox with letters sticking out of it. I think most people aren't seeing it and this has me concerned because it's the one use most often.

We use it because mostly because it sends an announcement to as many of the forums as we'd like...all of them if needs be...at the sametime. Whereas if I just post an announcement in one particular forum people seem confused over which forum to look in for this sort of info. Therefore ( at least in this particular case ) I opted to post a "global" announcement just inside every forum as per the description above and I also posted this same announcement here and in the the "Official Announcements"...I figured most of you would find it that way.

Did that make sense?

My apologies for the confustion.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

------------------
Michael at WebFlyer
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
2428 Hall Ave.
Grand Junction, Co. 81501

Old Aug 27, 2001, 8:44 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks Michael. Yes, have noticed the Global Announcment. Also noticed 4 or 5 posts in The Buzz today asking "Where Is United" and ditto in Randy's forum, from folks who as you say clearly must have missed seeing it an inch above the top post.

"United forum down until further notice".

is a much shorter announcement to type than;

"The Buzz, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, and United Airlines and Hilton forums are all pretty bad news/frozen right now"

Hope the bugs work out of the system for you soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.