Wiki Posts
Search

Now cannot move on FT page until all ads load

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Now cannot move on FT page until all ads load

I'm on a Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 11.0, which is constantly maintained by our IT team for patches etc.

About a month ago a new major issue developed. For sites with a lot of sidebar advertiser content (and FT is a good example), screen handling has changed. Always previously as soon as the main page was served you could scroll it, start typing text, etc, although the ads were still being loaded from their own servers. Now, no movement is possible until all content (typically ads) has arrived. Even on mainstream network this can take 10 seconds or more, if you are going through several screens it is a severe degradation.

On FT at least, you get the small circle rotating in the tab which stops to indicate loading is finished. On other sites this may not occur and there's no way of knowing when you can start typing. Sometimes any keystroking done during this limbo period is buffered up, so if you have done several Page Downs and Ups to see if it is active, it will then take you anywhere once the page is active.

Is there any setting in IE that allows the screen to become active before all the ads are served. I just use IE, which is required for other mainstream applications I use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.