Search

Having to log in every single time...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2014, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Having to log in every single time...

May have been posted. If so sorry, I am on my phone now so harder to see and scroll through and do all now.

Anyway, at home on my pc, if a new post notification comes into my inbox from ft and I click it, I am logged into ft and I am likely brought to that post in whatever given thread it is in.

If I am not logged in, ft would prompt me to log in first and then promptly bring me to said post/page in ft.

This is how its worked for eons and that is good. It has also been the case when I go to ft posts from my iphone 4 and later 5s

Until now...

Somehow for the past few weeks now, EVERY TIME i get a post in my email in ox and click on it, ft makes me log in. And when I do, it does NOT always bring me to that post or that page either. It should but does not.

I have always only used the site from my phone not the app. I do log in and click on the stay logged in button. But it makes me log in again anyway

Iphone 5s
Version 8.01 or 2. Whatever the latest is

No known issues w my phone or anything else I can think of

Thoughts?

Thanks

MM
Old Oct 13, 2014, 5:00 pm
No longer at FT -- contact IBJoel please

Hello,

It could be a browser issue. I suggest that you clear your cache and cookies and turn off all browser extensions, such as ......., which can interfere with the site functions. If these methods don't help, I recommend you to try a different browser.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
May have been posted. If so sorry, I am on my phone now so harder to see and scroll through and do all now.

Anyway, at home on my pc, if a new post notification comes into my inbox from ft and I click it, I am logged into ft and I am likely brought to that post in whatever given thread it is in.

If I am not logged in, ft would prompt me to log in first and then promptly bring me to said post/page in ft.

This is how its worked for eons and that is good. It has also been the case when I go to ft posts from my iphone 4 and later 5s

Until now...

Somehow for the past few weeks now, EVERY TIME i get a post in my email in ox and click on it, ft makes me log in. And when I do, it does NOT always bring me to that post or that page either. It should but does not.

I have always only used the site from my phone not the app. I do log in and click on the stay logged in button. But it makes me log in again anyway

Iphone 5s
Version 8.01 or 2. Whatever the latest is

No known issues w my phone or anything else I can think of

Thoughts?

Thanks

MM
Old Oct 14, 2014, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

thanks

So I had no idea iphones had the same issues as browsers on a PC.

No idea how to turn off this or that on the device that thinks for you.

I have restarted the iphone, reset it, reset network connections. All has had no effect.

again this issue is only happening to me when going to threads from my email when on my iphone
Old Oct 14, 2014, 3:28 pm

Try first signing in here, m.flyertalk.com, and let me know if it still makes you log in.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks but even after logging into that link, I closed it and then tried a post from my email and it forced login again
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:03 pm

Okay, I will forward your troubleshoot to tech and keep you updated through this thread.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IBgkim
Okay, I will forward your troubleshoot to tech and keep you updated through this thread.
thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 3:28 pm

The solution is to click "Remember Me" when logging in. You shouldn't be running into this problem after doing that.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I do that every time

Still had to re log in even now
I am on my iphone again

If i were on my home pc now I would not have had to
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Also
It doesnt matter if i am still logged in at my home pc onto ft or if I am not

This is possibly related to how the iPhone 5s running ios update 8+ interacts w ft on safari

I cant say i had the prob before the ios update but i am np IT guy
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:32 pm

Yes, it doesn't matter if you are logged onto your PC, since you are dealing with separate devices.

That could be the case, because our site did not update along with the iOS. After clicking on "Remember Me" on your iPhone, the issue should be resolved.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes, it doesn't matter if you are logged onto your PC, since you are dealing with separate devices.

That could be the case, because our site did not update along with the iOS. After clicking on "Remember Me" on your iPhone, the issue should be resolved.
It should but it is not. I can continuously repeat the bug and on EVERY thread or post I click I must log in to do anything.

I go to my email, click on a FT post, it brings up that page in FT and at the top I can see I am prompted to log in. If I do not, and try to type, it will ask me to log in. If I log in, most of the time it brings me to where I wanted to be. Sometimes it does not. But the main issue is that I must in fact log in every time.

And if I enter my info and then hit remember me, that's great and all but the next time, it still needs me to log in again.

the only site I know of that does not remember the remember me thing is the Gap credit card site. It has a remember me box too but every time I go to it (and I only do on my PC) it makes me re enter my UN. That has been going on for a while on any browser I use with that CC.

So in closing, due to whatever 8+ ios issue that somehow may relate to FT, the remember me selection is NOT working with my iPhone 5s.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:47 pm

On the browser on your phone, please go to this link and click on the "Remember Me" button before logging into the site: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/reset.php
Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

On the browser on your phone, please go to this link and click on the "Remember Me" button before logging into the site: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/reset.php

Tried this
Clicked the link
Logged in and checked remember me
Saw I was logged in
Closed that browser
Opened another thread to which i subscribe

Fail

Upon getting back into ft i was prompted to log in again

Tried this 3x

Reset network each time
And rebooted phone

Fail
Old Oct 16, 2014, 4:05 pm

So, I've reported your issue to the tech team. The problem is that one, we cannot reproduce this issue on our end; and two, the login is purely cookie-based. Have you checked if you permit cookies/javascript on your iPhone via settings?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.