Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk front page...

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2014, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Flyertalk front page...

Under the Must Read links on the main page of Flyertalk... is it new that the links go to off site links and not Flyertalk posts? Sometimes when I look under the Must Read links they always went to FT user posts.
I know the left side of the main page always goes to off site websites.
Old May 31, 2014, 3:30 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Earthlings
Under the Must Read links on the main page of Flyertalk... is it new that the links go to off site links and not Flyertalk posts? Sometimes when I look under the Must Read links they always went to FT user posts.
I know the left side of the main page always goes to off site websites.
From what I understand, this is something which just started and is supposedly on a trial basis at this time — and whatever is linked outside of FlyerTalk is clearly identified as such.

This is particularly for stories of potential interest which have not yet been posted on FlyerTalk.

I have nothing to do with what is posted under the Must Read column; but what are your thoughts as to having links posted on the front “page” of FlyerTalk leading to Internet web sites other than within FlyerTalk?
Old May 31, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium
Earthlings, you caught us! You're right, that middle column currently has a few headlines which link to news stories off of the FlyerTalk site. It's nothing to be alarmed about and there's no need to worry. It's just a small test that we're running so that we can collect some click data.

Originally Posted by Canarsie
what are your thoughts as to having links posted on the front “page” of FlyerTalk leading to Internet web sites other than within FlyerTalk?
That's a good question. If you, Earthlings, or anyone else reading this, has feedback about these off-FT links, or about any of the other links in that column, feel free to post it here, or if you'd prefer, you can always send me a PM.
Old May 31, 2014, 4:59 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by FTcadence
That's a good question. If you, Earthlings, or anyone else reading this, has feedback about these off-FT links, or about any of the other links in that column, feel free to post it here, or if you'd prefer, you can always send me a PM.
You can also post a poll in this discussion if you believe that that will help gauge feedback from fellow FlyerTalk members.
Old May 31, 2014, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

I think the Must Read section should be kept for Flyertalk posts/boards only and the left side should be kept for the off site websites!!!!!
Old Jun 1, 2014, 12:31 am

Programs: EuroBonus
Originally Posted by Earthlings
I think the Must Read section should be kept for Flyertalk posts/boards only and the left side should be kept for the off site websites!!!!!
Me too!

I find it very confusing being sent all over the place, when I came to hang out at FT.

Also, the offsite links are not at all clearly identified - it needs something visual, like a special icon or something.

DanishFlyer
Old Jun 1, 2014, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DanishFlyer
Me too!

I find it very confusing being sent all over the place, when I came to hang out at FT.

Also, the offsite links are not at all clearly identified - it needs something visual, like a special icon or something.

DanishFlyer
ie. I click on the link that says: "Gizmodo: Man Stuck in South Korea After His Son Doodled All Over His Passport." I didn't know Gizmodo was an off site website. LOL! That one needs to be over on the left side of the page!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.