Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Obnoxious popover ad obliterating the FT reading experience

Old Oct 4, 13, 9:23 am
Original Poster

I just stumbled on a really obnoxious ad on FT for BoConcepts. The base ad was on the right-hand sidebar and I tripped over it in Omni-PR although it may show up elsewhere also. When I hovered my mouse over it (which was accidental, because I happened to have my mouse on that side while I scrolled reading a thread), it grayed out the entire FT window and displayed a popover style ad in the middle.
Old Oct 4, 13, 12:18 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by jcwoman View Post
I just stumbled on a really obnoxious ad on FT for BoConcepts. The base ad was on the right-hand sidebar and I tripped over it in Omni-PR although it may show up elsewhere also. When I hovered my mouse over it (which was accidental, because I happened to have my mouse on that side while I scrolled reading a thread), it grayed out the entire FT window and displayed a popover style ad in the middle.
Hi, if you see it again, please screen shot it for us. You can email it to me at paul.obrien (at) internetbrands.com.

Does the popover disappear when you stop mousing over it, or does it persist?
Old Oct 4, 13, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

I'll keep an eye out for it and capture a screenshot for you. I've been trying for a little while to make it come up again but it hasn't. It looks like the ad server cycles through the same set of ads for some time and then goes on to different ones.

When it grayed out the screen for it's popover, it persisted. Ahhh, it's called a Lightbox in web design circles. It persists until the user clicks an X button in the upper right corner. Very obnoxious. But as I mentioned, I'll keep looking for it and get a screen shot for you.
Old Oct 7, 13, 1:26 pm
Administrator

Thank you! You may also notice it comes up on certain forums more than others.
Old Oct 7, 13, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
I saw this the other day, but haven't seen it since. I know that doesn't help, but yeah.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: