JS Trojan attempt

Old Jun 26, 13, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Emerald Club, Amtrak
JS Trojan attempt

Flyertalk just tried to install a Javascript trojan on my PC. It got blocked by my security software, but the result was a complete crash of the PC. As a precaution, I am wiping and rebuilding. As a further precaution, I will not be on Flyertalk again until I receive assurance that this problem is corrected. No doubt, it was a third party advertiser who was the perpetrator. (Indeed, the worst malware I ever got was from an ad on the Wall Street Journal's web site.)

The malware was:

JS/Exploit-Blacolheur Trojan

Last edited by ZeppoX; Jun 26, 13 at 10:45 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 26, 13, 2:27 pm
Administrator

Hi Zeppo,

We have no reports of malware on FlyerTalk. Our techs have scanned the site and see no evidence it came from here. Likely you picked up something elsewhere and it activated while you browsed FT.

Please let us know if you see any other evidence.

Thank you
Old Jul 2, 13, 9:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Add me to this list as having my security software block it on my computer also, while I was on FT.
Old Jul 2, 13, 2:04 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by ZeppoX View Post
Flyertalk just tried to install a Javascript trojan on my PC. It got blocked by my security software, but the result was a complete crash of the PC. As a precaution, I am wiping and rebuilding. As a further precaution, I will not be on Flyertalk again until I receive assurance that this problem is corrected. No doubt, it was a third party advertiser who was the perpetrator. (Indeed, the worst malware I ever got was from an ad on the Wall Street Journal's web site.)

The malware was:

JS/Exploit-Blacolheur Trojan
Originally Posted by IBobi View Post
Hi Zeppo,

We have no reports of malware on FlyerTalk. Our techs have scanned the site and see no evidence it came from here. Likely you picked up something elsewhere and it activated while you browsed FT.

Please let us know if you see any other evidence.

Thank you
Can the two of you tell me what forum/thread on FT you were in when this happened?
Old Jul 2, 13, 2:15 pm
Administrator

Programs: SPG
- What anti-virus software is blocking the URL?
- Specific URL to a thread? To a forum? Or the issue is global or sporadic?

Thank you
Old Jul 2, 13, 2:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by IBobi View Post
Can the two of you tell me what forum/thread on FT you were in when this happened?
I generally open several tabs at once, so I don't remember which forum or thread it was.
Originally Posted by IBxAnders View Post
- What anti-virus software is blocking the URL?
- Specific URL to a thread? To a forum? Or the issue is global or sporadic?

Thank you
My software is McAfee.
Old Jul 8, 13, 3:19 pm
Administrator

We've scanned and rescanned the site and found no alerts at all. We're clean on this end.

If this happens again, please post the link to the page where the warning occurred for you and we'll look into that page.

Thanks all,

Paul

Search this Thread
Search Engine: