Reload this Page >

Showing same thread on multiple forums?

Old Oct 30, 2012, 1:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more

Normally you should not cross post, but like the recent sponsored Hyatt DO it was practical to have one thread in communitybuzz and one in Hyatt forum.

However all updates needed double posting, and some may have missed discussion from the other thread etc.

Will it be possible to have the same thread only once but showing at both forums?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 2:02 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I will invite the Community Director or FT Admin to answer your question.

cblaisd
Senior Moderator
Old Oct 30, 2012, 2:25 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by travelkid
Will it be possible to have the same thread only once but showing at both forums?
I wish, as it would be beneficial in many circumstances.

We are in the process of updating the FT guidelines that are to clarify and simply rules. Here's the text we expect to use re community events:

"Gatherings of FlyerTalk members, often referred to as Dos, are to be listed in the CommunityBuzz Forum, but the main thread may be in a different forum and then cross referenced to Community."

The intent is that the organizer chooses a primary location to keep all information up to date but also has a pointer in the other forum to that thread.

And in a more general sense, we are likely to go to a more liberal rule than currently:

"Dont post your topic more than once. Our members tend to read many forums and it is repetitive to see the same topic in multiple forums. Duplicate threads will be deleted, combined or locked. You may cross reference a post in another forum. For example, if you are questioning whether American Airlines or United Airlines may be the best fit for you, post the primary question in perhaps the American forum and then post a link to that thread in the United forum."

In each case, you'll see we want the member to choose a primary location for their event/query and then use links to direct folks to that thread.

Would I like a question (for example) about a Starwood vs Hilton hotel in San Diego to be able to stand in both forums? Absolutely. But we don't currently have a software way to do that nor is it in the near term development plan.

Carol
Community Director

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.