Search

Blank Screen for FT site

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 5:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Blank Screen for FT site

I'm not sure what is happenening, about a week or so ago, FT started going blank on me.

I use IE8 (don't tell me to change, I can't its my work computer, we use IE8, and thats that whether I like it or not)

What happens is that I will pull up a forum (any forum) and what I see is the blue FT banner at the top

the Jump to Forums ..... under the blue banner

Whatever Ad banner is under that

the rest is a white screen.

the lower left gray bar right above the start button usually says Error (or something else which I can not remember right now)

It happens at random, but it happens close to 75% of the time. This morning for some reason I am on and I took this opportunity to post

It only happens on FT, not to any other website I visit

any ideas?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:10 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Do you actually see the top banner ad? Any other ads?

Post a screenshot if you please
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I didn't realize this at the time I originally posted but it is the American Express issue here as well. All I do is keep refreshing until I get something other than an Amex ad

Anyone know why its just AX?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Anyone know why its just AX?
I have FF w/....... Plus so I don't see any ad on FT, but there's always something in the ad....

Not sure if it's related but your problem reminded me of some flash player issues with ads on FT a while ago:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...-computer.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...ie7-crash.html

What you run into may not be flash-related, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure all your drivers are current and/or updated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.