Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

AmEx Banner Ads Blocking Forum Page Loading?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat

[First, my apologies if this is posted in the wrong place; I haven't a clue where else to post it, so Mods, please feel free to relocate this if necessary...]

I'm having difficulty getting the forum pages to load whenever there is an American Express banner ad at the top. It requires multiple clicks of the "refresh" button, sometimes through 10 or 15 clicks, until finally the AmEx rotating ads are gone and another type of ad appears on the top banner, which allows the page to load. In other words, when a Chase ad appears, I have no problems;when an Am Ex ad appears, the rest of the forum page won't load!

Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix/avoid it?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:38 am

I browse using Firefox and ....... which hides the ads. I also surf on their mobile app.

Which browser are you using?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LizzyDragon84
I browse using Firefox and ....... which hides the ads. I also surf on their mobile app.

Which browser are you using?
Thanks, Lizzy, I'll try that -- I'm currently using IE 8.0.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:08 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
[First, my apologies if this is posted in the wrong place; I haven't a clue where else to post it, so Mods, please feel free to relocate this if necessary...]

I'm having difficulty getting the forum pages to load whenever there is an American Express banner ad at the top. It requires multiple clicks of the "refresh" button, sometimes through 10 or 15 clicks, until finally the AmEx rotating ads are gone and another type of ad appears on the top banner, which allows the page to load. In other words, when a Chase ad appears, I have no problems;when an Am Ex ad appears, the rest of the forum page won't load!

Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix/avoid it?
Please grab a screenshot of that ad for us; [email protected]

Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2012, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

I'm no longer seeing the ads, since I changed browsers, and somehow found a way to opt out. Now I am getting this message in the ad banner:

This ad has been matched to your interests. It was selected for you based on your browsing activity.

DoubleClick helped American Express determine that you might be interested in an ad like this.

More information & opt-out options »
What is interest based advertising »
Internet privacy statement »