Search

Possibly dodgy PM

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Possibly dodgy PM

Sorry but I'm a technical numpty....

I've had a PM (which I have not opened) from someone I've never heard of and who does not appear ever to have posted, with a rather unspecific title. Whilst I know not to click on any links in the PM, could just opening the PM put my computer in any sort of danger?

TIA!
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by louie-m
Sorry but I'm a technical numpty....

I've had a PM (which I have not opened) from someone I've never heard of and who does not appear ever to have posted, with a rather unspecific title. Whilst I know not to click on any links in the PM, could just opening the PM put my computer in any sort of danger?

TIA!
No danger. If they give you a link to follow, then I would not follow it. I often get questions about stuff I've posted, so not that unusual.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:50 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Private messages are covered under FT's Rules and Guidelines.

http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q95

If you feel a PM violates this rule, please forward it to a volunteer moderator.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Trouble is I couldn't have know if the PM violated the rules without opening it - and my concern was whether or not I should open it!

I did open it after JC put my mind at rest and it was indeed someone trying to be helpful, so panic over.

Thanks for your replies.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
Trouble is I couldn't have know if the PM violated the rules without opening it - and my concern was whether or not I should open it!

I did open it after JC put my mind at rest and it was indeed someone trying to be helpful, so panic over.

Thanks for your replies.
LOL! was it me?
It was me wasn't it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.