Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thread Subscription update keeps coming and coming

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2012, 5:55 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
This issue is still in the technical queue. As it involves similar VB aspects as the issue where subscriptions are not arriving at all, it's a known issue, difficult to resolve, and likely cannot be fixed until VB is upgraded. We have no ETA on that, unfortunately.
Old May 17, 2012, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by IBobi
This issue is still in the technical queue. As it involves similar VB aspects as the issue where subscriptions are not arriving at all, it's a known issue, difficult to resolve, and likely cannot be fixed until VB is upgraded. We have no ETA on that, unfortunately.
Thanks for the update. I guess only option is to unsubscribe from the very active threads.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:47 am

Aside from the tech issues, this question is even more basic. How do you subscribe to or unsubscribe from, threads? (When I go to Subscriptions it lists nine threads to which I subscribed a long time ago, although I only get e-mails from one of them. I don't know how to change my list.) Thanks!
Old Jun 5, 2012, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Go to your Subscriptions page: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/subsc...n&folderid=all

Check the boxes next to the threads you want to remove.

From the popup menu in the lower right corner of the page, choose which action you want ("No email notification," which doesn't send emails but still shows new updates on your My FlyerTalk page, or "Delete Subscription." Click "Go."
Old Jul 11, 2012, 5:45 pm

Is the multiple thread alerts issue still happening?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems ok now. ^
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am afraid still going on. Have had numerous emails over the last two days.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Similar problem but I find when when I travel and don't check my email for a couple of days I have 2-3 emails from the same thread.

Shouldn't it be the case that I won't get another email till I visit the thread again. Its kind of annoying as today I had over 30 emails from FT for only 10 threads.
Been 16 month since my initial complaint. This is just silly. You could have made a new website by now if you wanted to.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One year along and you still can't fix this. Its not nice spamming your loyal customers with emails after emails.

I logged on today to see 6 emails from the same thread from the last 12 hrs hours. Why oh why can you not fix a simple problem in such a long time?

Last edited by onlysuites; Nov 2, 2013 at 9:39 am
Old Nov 4, 2013, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
One year along and you still can't fix this. Its not nice spamming your loyal customers with emails after emails.

I logged on today to see 6 emails from the same thread from the last 12 hrs hours. Why oh why can you not fix a simple problem in such a long time?
Please go to your settings are review your subscriptions. We are showing that you have instant notifications set for some of them, which will generate multiple emails per day.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please go to your settings are review your subscriptions. We are showing that you have instant notifications set for some of them, which will generate multiple emails per day.

Maybe I am wrong but shouldn't I get a notification after you revisit the thread? Not every time someone posts to it?

Like right now in my inbox I have 3 emails from thread A1 which has had a few posts over night. Thread A2 which also had a few posts overnight has only triggered one email to me...... Which is the way it should be.

Why the difference?

What I thought was that if I sign up to instant email I would only get ONE email till I log back into the site again. Not a email everytime someone posts to the thread. Thats the way every forum works and also 7/10 of your forum emails.

It just seems to happen on a few threads everyday.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:28 pm

If you have instant notifications set for a thread, you will get one notification when any number of posts are made there by a given user. It's not like a daily notification where you get them once and that's it.

So:

User 1 makes a post: you get a notification
User 2 makes 2 posts: you get a notification
User 1 makes another post: no notification
User 3 makes a post: you get a notification
You read the thread
User 1 makes a post: you get a notification
User 1 makes another post: no notification
User 2 makes a post: you get a notification

etc etc

You may want to change the notification type for the threads you're getting multiples from, to daily or less.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.