Search

IE9 weird behavior

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 3:42 pm
jtn
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
IE9 weird behavior

I am trying out the new IE9 and noticing a strange behavior.

When I click on a link, it the shows that the page is loading (the circular arrow spins). But nothing happens. It just sits there. Then if I click the link again, the page loads.

This happens pretty regularly. I don't have the same problem when using Firefox.

Has anyone else notice this?
Old May 3, 2011, 4:07 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
I am using IE8 right now and it's fine.
Old May 4, 2011, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

I've been experiencing problems similar to those reported by jtn when accessing FT's mobile site via my BlackBerry. I often have to click on the same link several times, or give up, escape, and try again before the linked page loads. This problem started about the same time that FT was reporting "connectivity" problems.
Old May 9, 2011, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jtn
I am trying out the new IE9 and noticing a strange behavior.

When I click on a link, it the shows that the page is loading (the circular arrow spins). But nothing happens. It just sits there. Then if I click the link again, the page loads.

This happens pretty regularly. I don't have the same problem when using Firefox.

Has anyone else notice this?
I have this problem with IE9 also. Sometimes one click will do it but about half the time it takes two clicks. Any suggestions?
Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:48 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
bump -- seeing similiar issues after upgrading to IE9. Seems slower in loading pages (but just on FT).
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:13 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
bump -- seeing similiar issues after upgrading to IE9. Seems slower in loading pages (but just on FT).
For those with similar issues, mgmsteven's suggestion -- double clicking on items does seem to speed things up -- a single click occasionally leads to a slow response, but a second click is almost always immediately responded to.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
I have IE8 at work, and IE9 at home. I never see the "forever loading" issue on the IE8 computer, on the IE9 one, I see it a lot.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I accidently downloaded IE9 & haven't had the forever loading on FT, but it's making my computer run slower etc.

Cheers.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by tangey
I have IE8 at work, and IE9 at home. I never see the "forever loading" issue on the IE8 computer, on the IE9 one, I see it a lot.
Similar experiences here with the "forever loading" issue on IE9.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.