Wiki Posts
Search

read an entire thread at once?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton something
read an entire thread at once?

This may be a stupid question... but is there some way to read/download the entire thread (meaning ALL the pages) at one time? I know there's an "archive" view, but what I'd really like is the normal view with all of the posts in one single page. I often try to grab all the pages of a big thread before I fly, but it'd be cool to do it in a simpler way than clicking on each page number individually...
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:19 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow as the thread moves to the Technical Issues forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, United forum.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Originally Posted by ljwobker
This may be a stupid question... but is there some way to read/download the entire thread (meaning ALL the pages) at one time? I know there's an "archive" view, but what I'd really like is the normal view with all of the posts in one single page. I often try to grab all the pages of a big thread before I fly, but it'd be cool to do it in a simpler way than clicking on each page number individually...
It would be nice, I agree. The actual size of a thread without all the ads and etc is actually not very big even for all but the really largest threads. But if you don't have any ads then flyertalk.com doesn't make any money. Even if you downloaded the ads to read offline, FT still couldn't generate any money.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Michael D
It would be nice, I agree. The actual size of a thread without all the ads and etc is actually not very big even for all but the really largest threads. But if you don't have any ads then flyertalk.com doesn't make any money. Even if you downloaded the ads to read offline, FT still couldn't generate any money.
Flyer Talk Premium does not have ads. Well worth the 12 bucks yearly!
Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, *G, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mgmsteven
Flyer Talk Premium does not have ads. Well worth the 12 bucks yearly!
Or just use ........ But I might pay for premium anyway, since ....... doesn't work on my iPad.

joe
Old Sep 28, 2012, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton something
Hmm... the point is not to dodge the ads, the point is to not have to open 15 different pages to read the whole thread. If it's 100 posts and they need to put 10 ad banners in there I'm 100% fine with that part... I just don't want to have to clicky clicky clicky to get all those pages open. ;-)
Old Sep 28, 2012, 9:21 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
It's actually been talked about previously (see THIS THREAD in "Suggestions"), but as you can see in that thread, it's not likely to ever happen, unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.