Search

Popover Survey

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2010, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Popover Survey

I've gotten this a couple of times recently, and my initial take on it is that it is an ad, though it appears to be a survey. I'm an FT Premium user and I don't believe anything like this should be served to me.

If it is an actual survey, can we please find a less way to present it to users? Thanks!

Old Dec 31, 2010, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
I don't know how much IB's fingerprint is on this, but I found this survey is very much about Amex (reward cards) and Top Flyer. Not sure how much it is about FT per se.

Yes, you read it right. I did fill out this survey, thinking it's all about FT.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I took the survey, and it does appear to be related to Top Flyer, which is IB's new attempt at attracting traffic to the FT domain.

IB has indicated they are aware of some of the bugs regarding the popover survey. It should be fixed on Monday.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 11:33 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I thought Top Flyer was a done deal. They're doing surveys about it now?
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Mackieman
I've gotten this a couple of times recently, and my initial take on it is that it is an ad, though it appears to be a survey. I'm an FT Premium user and I don't believe anything like this should be served to me.

If it is an actual survey, can we please find a less way to present it to users? Thanks!
If you have already taken the survey or opted out of taking it you should not see it pop-up again. If you are still seeing it after doing one of those two things please let us know because that is a bug.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I see that too.
Can I just tell you (IB) to make it not so ?

As premium member, I don't think I should have to "opt-out",
unless you refund my premium fee, of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.