Wiki Posts
Search

Edit ID info

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MP, 1K 1MM
Edit ID info

I'm proud of my !K and million mile earnigs, would like them to show as my ID when I post--but not to replace the existing quote from "Airport" Johnny.
I've done what I think would add them (I see yellow pencils next to the data in the About Me tab) but don't find a "save" button, and don't see what I've tried to enter.
PM me, please.
Thanks
dcutcher
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:13 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
You didn't look at the right corner.

1). First go to "MyFlyertalk" (to you top left, the opposite to "Log In/Out").
2). Use "Edit Your Details" tab to you left under "Your Profile" Section.
3). You can enter as much info as humanly possible in the "Program Affiliations" field under "Additional Information" section.
4). Don't forget to "Save Changes."

That has nothing to do with your signature link, which is different feature and located at a different section. Hope this helps.

ETA:
I now see what you mean by the yellow pencil icon. If you click any of the pencil icons, you'll be able to edit the field you just click. After the click, you will also see both "Save" & "Cancel" options to the right of the field.

I assume you meant your FT handle by your "ID." Unless you mean something else, above are the two ways that I know of for entering/editing one's own profile/info on FT.

Last edited by lin821; Nov 24, 2010 at 9:23 am Reason: update
Old Nov 24, 2010, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

test

Seeing if I've followed instructions properly
Old Nov 24, 2010, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

balh blah

MORE testing of sig edit
Old Nov 25, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Did you ever edit the "Program Affiliations" Field?

Originally Posted by dcutcher
Seeing if I've followed instructions properly
I am afraid not.

Let me try again.

I did see you edit your signature but I don't/didn't think that's what you wanted.

I now see "1mm 1k" under the your "Biography" field. But Biography isn't immediately viewable unless someone clicks on your FT handle in a post then choose "View Public Profile" feature.

If you could successfully edit your signature, there should be no problem to edit your own info. They work the same way, just different fields. Not sure why was/is it so difficult for you. Did you save your changes after the edit? What or which field do you want to edit anyway?

See how tom911 was able to "present" himself as much as possible under his FT handle in this post (after "Programs:"). If that's what you are shooting for, all you have to do is to go into Your Profile and replace your current text, "MP" in the "Program Affiliations" field, to whatever you like (1MM,...etc) then SAVE Changes at the bottom. Just like what I had said in my original reply to you, you should be looking for "Program Affiliations" field:
Originally Posted by lin821
...3). You can enter as much info as humanly possible in the "Program Affiliations" field under "Additional Information" section...
Anyway, good luck!

Last edited by lin821; Nov 25, 2010 at 7:52 am Reason: fixing links

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.