Today's STRANGE email alerts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club

1. There are many backslashes in the email version of what the referenced post in FlyerTalk says that are not necessary or part of the post itself.

2. The link is given as a second alternative way to access the thread -- "via your PC".

3. The linked post is not in the thread that the link leads to.

There are many of these, today.

4. Also lots (inches) of vertical white space in some email alerts.

Comes across as a false start on a transition to giving priority to accessing subscribed posts via handhelds that might not have been tested out very thoroughly. Looks like it started today at about 2:00am US EDT.

Last edited by Firewind; Aug 11, 2010 at 12:23 pm Reason: #4 etc.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 1:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Firewind
1. There are many backslashes in the email version of what the referenced post in FlyerTalk says that are not necessary or part of the post itself.

2. The link is given as a second alternative way to access the thread -- "via your PC".

3. The linked post is not in the thread that the link leads to.

There are many of these, today.

4. Also lots (inches) of vertical white space in some email alerts.

Comes across as a false start on a transition to giving priority to accessing subscribed posts via handhelds that might not have been tested out very thoroughly. Looks like it started today at about 2:00am US EDT.
I noticed the same thing last night. This, in conjunction with the fact that 90% of the emails were old news, made me questioned whether it's worth the trouble to open FT emails at all.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
It resolved after a day or so.

Still wondering: Was it a false start by IB in shifting to making hand-held alerts the priority, and making PC email alerts secondary?

Thanks for whatever was done to fix the problem, and in advance for any answer to the lingering question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.