lost thread?

Old Jul 21, 2010, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

lost thread?

i came back to check if there had been any responses to my post on the thread called "born at US military base in Taiwan, why can't my passport say 'Place of Birth: USA'" in Travel Safety/Security but it looks like it's lost. are there database problems?

al

Last edited by crescatfloreat; Jul 21, 2010 at 1:55 pm Reason: detail
Old Jul 21, 2010, 2:49 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Thanks for posting up the question. I think I can answer this for you. Actually, your post is still there:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14313378-post88.html

It remains in the Travel Safety and Security forum. That forum is popular, so threads can move off the front page fairly quickly if not replied to. I think this one is already back to page 3.

However, for whatever reason, any number of members took the thread off topic and while we've tried to rescue it with some cleanup, it remains a task. It might be better at this point -- and truly I am sorry for the off-topic direction this thread took -- for you to take whatever question you and content in perspective from this and repost in the TravelBuzz! forum.

Originally Posted by crescatfloreat
i came back to check if there had been any responses to my post on the thread called "born at US military base in Taiwan, why can't my passport say 'Place of Birth: USA'" in Travel Safety/Security but it looks like it's lost. are there database problems?

al
Old Jul 21, 2010, 3:05 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Also know that you can click on "Search" and put your FT handle in the search field and then search on Threads or Posts you have started. I did that on your handle, and your "lost" thread was the second listed.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wharvey
Also know that you can click on "Search" and put your FT handle in the search field and then search on Threads or Posts you have started. I did that on your handle, and your "lost" thread was the second listed.

huh! i did that, and i even went to the my posts list about an hour ago and i would swear it was not there. maybe i am going crazy.

al
Old Jul 21, 2010, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
Thanks for posting up the question. I think I can answer this for you. Actually, your post is still there:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14313378-post88.html

It remains in the Travel Safety and Security forum. That forum is popular, so threads can move off the front page fairly quickly if not replied to. I think this one is already back to page 3.

However, for whatever reason, any number of members took the thread off topic and while we've tried to rescue it with some cleanup, it remains a task. It might be better at this point -- and truly I am sorry for the off-topic direction this thread took -- for you to take whatever question you and content in perspective from this and repost in the TravelBuzz! forum.
i see everything now. many thanks randy. i guess i may just have done my searches just as it was being edited or locked and hence didn't see it. believe me i did search!
i already thought it had dreamt it up. it would go a bit far if i dreamt about posting to flyertalk.

al
Old Jul 21, 2010, 4:08 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

If it goes that far, I've found that FlyerTalk dreamt in black and white is actually more interesting than the color version. But let's not let it get to that point!
Originally Posted by crescatfloreat
it would go a bit far if i dreamt about posting to flyertalk.
al

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.