Search

post count frozen

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
post count frozen

I just noticed today. My post count seems to be frozen. I'm not counting multiple posts in the same thread or OMNI posts.

?? What's going on? How to fix?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 8:22 am

Programs: American AAdvantage; Carlson Goldpoints.
I noticed the same thing, AND....

Not only is the post count frozen, but when I did post, it added old/obsolete info from my "interests" along the left-hand side.

I'm waiting to earn enough status to have a "signature"; I know that that takes 90 days and 90 posts. I have the 90 days; I don't have the 90 posts yet. That's why I pay attention to the post count!

So, in order to tell folks my upgrade percentage, I keep that listed in my "interests". I updated it from 14/14 to 15/15 sometime last week, but the post I wrote yesterday still had the 14/14 on it.

Help get me my signature!!

Thanks!
Old Jun 10, 2010, 8:25 am

Well, the Post-count incremented....

...(hey, I'm really *not* trying to pad my posts, but I noticed....) that while the post count incremented on the above post, the "interest" info remains the same.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
I don't pay much attention any more (too depressing to think how much time 9K+ posts represent) but I think my counter might be stuck as well. I am going to watch more closly for a while to be sure.

Edited to add:

Originally Posted by negs
...(hey, I'm really *not* trying to pad my posts, but I noticed....) that while the post count incremented on the above post, the "interest" info remains the same.
Are you sure you really updated it last week? I only ask because I know it's a mistake I might make.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:10 am

RE: Interests

...heck, I checked again this morning, before I wrote the above post. Yep, it says I've been upgraded 15/15 times, but as you see to the left here, it's just reporting the 14/14.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:57 am

...heck, I checked again this morning, before I wrote the above post. Yep, it says I've been upgraded 15/15 times, but as you see to the left here, it's just reporting the 14/14.
Maybe it doesn't believe you?

ETA:
I used this post as a check. My post counter is (back to) working.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by chollie
I just noticed today. My post count seems to be frozen. I'm not counting multiple posts in the same thread or OMNI posts.

?? What's going on? How to fix?
In the case of OMNI posts, there's nothing to fix. OMNI posts do not contribute to your post total.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by fairviewroad
In the case of OMNI posts, there's nothing to fix. OMNI posts do not contribute to your post total.
I believe that was the point being made. I read that to mean the OP's post count was not increasing in forums other than OMNI.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Not only is the post count frozen, but when I did post, it added old/obsolete info from my "interests" along the left-hand side.
What are the "interests" that you're talking about? I use a lot of ....... filters in FireFox, so is there something new I'm missing?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by N965VJ
What are the "interests" that you're talking about?
The "interests" option in the user profile.

negs's reads "2010 Upgrades: 14/14 (100%)"

The problem, it seems, is that is apparently last week's version. As I understand it, the more recently entered info (15/15 upgrades) will not display.

Last edited by oklAAhoma; Jun 10, 2010 at 7:12 pm
Old Jun 10, 2010, 9:05 pm

oklAAhoma, you've got it exactly right.

Um, what's an OMNI post? O.K., I'll go look it up after I type this, but still, I'm not used to that term on FT!!
Old Jun 12, 2010, 11:28 am

I found the problem....

Originally Posted by oklAAhoma

The problem, it seems, is that is apparently last week's version. As I understand it, the more recently entered info (15/15 upgrades) will not display.
I found the problem! I had put the "15/15 in my "Interests". As it turns out, the "Interests" are NOT displayed with posts. (You apparently have to look at a users public profile to see them.)

I had the "14/14" in "Program Affiliations". I changed that to read "15/15" and viola! all is well.....

...post count incrementing again as it should, and I can show the world my upgrade success!
Old Jun 12, 2010, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma

I see this in negs' profile under "About Me" but nothing I can see anywhere is there something called "interests". Odd, unless those are the same.

About negs

Program Affiliations
American AAdvantage (Plat by Challenge); Carlson Goldpoints. 2010 Upgrades: 15/15 (100%)

Um, what's an OMNI post?
Posts in the OMNI or OMNI/PR forums do not show up in your post count.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by N965VJ
I see this in negs' profile under "About Me" but nothing I can see anywhere is there something called "interests". Odd, unless those are the same.
Members' profiles include an "interests" option to be filled out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.