Wiki Posts
Search

"Read first unread" option

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2010, 12:15 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

"Read first unread" option

Maybe this has been around forever, but I just noticed it today for the very first time. But how come it's not available on all threads in all forums?

Curious in California
Old Jan 5, 2010, 9:36 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Bueller? Bueller?
Old Feb 1, 2010, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Maybe this has been around forever, but I just noticed it today for the very first time. But how come it's not available on all threads in all forums?

Curious in California
It has been around forever. I use it constantly.

However, it only works if FlyerTalk recognizes a thread as unread. I'm currently battling this situation: FT's default inactivity timeout is MUCH too short, which means that if I spend too much time reading a long thread or composing a long answer, by the time I move on to the next board, FT thinks I've already read all the threads and thus does not let me know which threads are unread and does not let me click "Read First Unread" to get to the new posts.

You can see my post on this issue here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sugge...-sessions.html

(Just happened again tonight--I was composing a lengthy reply and now have lost my session data on which threads/posts are unread. )

If you load up FlyerTalk but then walk away for 30 minutes or spend 30 minutes reading a thread or composing a reply, once you get back to the forum you're looking at, you'll see that none of the threads is bold and you do not have the option to click "Read First Unread" (either in the thread listings or inside a thread itself). Perhaps this is your issue?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.