Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with m.flyertalk.com

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2009, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Problems with m.flyertalk.com

The m.flyertalk.com site has been up for a bit but it still does not have all the forums available. For example, none of the airline forums are available. Also, the "my FlyerTalk" page is not available. These issues render the site pretty darned useless. When will they be fixed. IB was made aware of these issues over a month ago.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Wirelessly posted (goingaway's phone: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I am more interested in when replying to a thread doesn't auto-subscribe the thread for access via my flyertalk. BTW my flyertalk is 'my threads' on the mobile site and is available
Old Dec 21, 2009, 12:17 pm

reporting this..
Old Dec 22, 2009, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by IBsteph
reporting this..
There was a thread in which Randy announced the new mobile skin and asked for feedback. Is IB following that thread and working on the reported bugs/feature requests?

My biggest personal issues with it
-incomplete navigation (missing navigation to MyFlyerTalk, many sub-forums, etc.)
-no "quote" feature
-no "edit" feature
-no "go to first unread post" button

Missing those things has kept me from bothering to use it much, so I'm sure there are more bugs I don't know about. (The above four are from memory.)
Old Dec 22, 2009, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
There was a thread in which Randy announced the new mobile skin and asked for feedback. Is IB following that thread and working on the reported bugs/feature requests?

My biggest personal issues with it
-incomplete navigation (missing navigation to MyFlyerTalk, many sub-forums, etc.)
-no "quote" feature
-no "edit" feature
-no "go to first unread post" button

Missing those things has kept me from bothering to use it much, so I'm sure there are more bugs I don't know about. (The above four are from memory.)
Yes, we are following that thread. The only reason why these things have not been fixed is because we have had our attention directed elsewhere recently by a number of other issues.

We have every intention on fixing up the mobile skin as soon as we have an opportunity to.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IB-Dick
Yes, we are following that thread. The only reason why these things have not been fixed is because we have had our attention directed elsewhere recently by a number of other issues.

We have every intention on fixing up the mobile skin as soon as we have an opportunity to.
How about an announcement to a larger audience or is the idea to limit the people using/looking at it right now? I was unaware it even existed until xyzzy posted above and we PM'd did I learn of the alternate mobile site (thanks xyzzy).
Old Dec 23, 2009, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway
How about an announcement to a larger audience or is the idea to limit the people using/looking at it right now? I was unaware it even existed until xyzzy posted above and we PM'd did I learn of the alternate mobile site (thanks xyzzy).
A thread was created to solicit feedback, but you are correct that we don't think an announcement is appropriate until we think the product is bug-free.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's fine but can you provide a link to the thread?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA-1P, DL-G, Marriott-PLAT
Still no airline forums on m.flyertalk.com any time frame on when this will be fixed?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:03 am

I have a couple airline forums bookmarked on my blackberry, and when I went to them tonight, they came up in the mobile format, instead of the normal web version which I then have to zoom in on. Still no airline forums listed on the mobile homepage though.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 2:02 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.438 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/389)

I am unable to see all threads in the ua forum. I receive an xml warning in both blackberry browser, "Error encountered during xml parse: expecting a name" and Bolt Broswer, "this page contains the following errors: error on line 3 at column 1798 xmlParseEntityRef: no name

I would have posted in the main wap technical issues thread, but I couldn't find it.

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Jun 4, 2010 at 2:03 am
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:52 pm

When I click on Quick Links and My Threads it only shows that I am subscribed to 3 threads. When someones posts on those threads, I get an email to notify me, which is exactly what I want.

When I am on a different/new thread and I click on Subscribe to this Thread, it tells me that I am subscribed to 7 threads, but I only see 3 in the My Threads.

Why is this? I cannot remember the other threads I subscribed to and want to look at them again. How can I access them?

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
Old Jun 16, 2010, 7:28 am

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
"Mark Forums Read"

If I do this while on "normal" FT, it doesn't translate through to mobile.flyertalk.com
Old Jun 16, 2010, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by willyroo
"Mark Forums Read"

If I do this while on "normal" FT, it doesn't translate through to mobile.flyertalk.com
The old algorithm seems to be in use for the mobile version ... it works for me, but I preferred that method anyway.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 3:30 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Wirelessly posted (most likely from a Qantas Pub: BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.344 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/146)

I can't access TalkTeam either today. Yawn...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.